2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Almost STOLEN... AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 02:18 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Almost STOLEN... AGAIN!

this is the ultimate in car security- its in South Africa where they have huge problems with car jacking. haha FLAMETHROWER yall gotta check this out- click the quicktime link on this page to see a videoflame thrower security

Old 02-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

That is the ULTIMATE!!!! Not sure I'd want that on mine though.....you'd be screwed if it misfired......

Old 02-24-2006, 11:27 PM
MGDMike
Champion

Thieves suck... bunch of fricken homos who aren't man enough to get a job of their own.

Old 02-25-2006, 12:21 AM
4DrMopar
Captain

Those of yo who think your alarm stops theft are so naice its not funny.... most every shop who does installs does similar things, most do a relay under the dash... tht GIVES me the wire to start it..... if you think it cant be done... your wrong...
want crazy better? get a hidden switch that hooks up to the fuel pump through a relay under teh hood....

Old 02-25-2006, 12:37 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mdoffroad

Those of yo who think your alarm stops theft are so naice its not funny.... most every shop who does installs does similar things, most do a relay under the dash... tht GIVES me the wire to start it..... if you think it cant be done... your wrong...
want crazy better? get a hidden switch that hooks up to the fuel pump through a relay under teh hood....

i instaled my alarm myself to get to alything that looks like the alarm you half to remove the cupholder piece of the dash. i have a bunch of wires under the dash for everything else eletrical ive hooked up my the wire i used for my statter kill in under the hood under all the orignal loom so you half to know where to look. i agree alarms wont stop theft/breakins but they shure do help if there dun right we used to to alarms/carstarters at the shop i work at (i dident to many of them but the guy who works with me did alot) and we ither put everything behind the glovebox or under a kick panel so it wasent easyly accesaple and most good shops hide there wirring so it not easy to find and some even use all black wire do you cant tell what colour is power ect. talk to them before you have it dun and see where they do there wiring ect if its all under the dash ither have them do it diffrent of go somewhere else

Old 02-25-2006, 01:22 AM
Tani1500
Champion

when i have them put that viper in mine if they dont stick it somewhere else im just going to weld in a nice little steel access door behind there with a lock.

Old 02-25-2006, 06:27 AM
scottybme

My Ram was broken into in Detroit last July. I think they were crack-heads because they didn't steal the truck, but they stole clothes, custom-made nike id shoes(with my name on them), a nice kenwood deck, all of the silver coins in the ash tray(left pennies), and my brother's digital camera which I borrowed to put my chevy on E-bay! They did 1200 dollars in damage tryin to get in it! To this day I've been keeping an eye out for any M Fer's wearing some nike shox that say "Scotty B" on them and an Illinois hoodie! I feel for you guys. We all work hard to have nice things, and to have them f%cked with makes people pretty f%cking mad!

Old 02-25-2006, 10:25 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad luck again. Glad they didnt get away with it.

My 99 got stolen 5yrs ago on 9/13/01, woke up on the couch to see my brake lights, ran out half naked (dazed n confused) almost smashed the window in as I yelled to the wife to call 911. He was gone before I finished the sentence and ditched the truck around the corner, with over 4k damage. The Ahole used a crowbar to pry the fkin door open!! [:@] Following week I read in the paper 3 atm machines were ripped out of bank lobbies. Figured thats what my v10 would of been used for if I didnt screw up his plans

Old 02-27-2006, 01:45 AM
Sehr916
Veteran

Saw this on truckperformance.com wonder if it works

http://www.truckperformance.com/prod...1221dda4250d65

Old 02-27-2006, 04:11 AM
BFG
Rookie

WOW... thats looks like exactly what "we" need to stop these A-holes from getting in so easy/quickly.

Has anyone tried this Jimmi Jammer???

Well I just ordered the Jimmi Jammer...
I got them from http://www.trucknvans.com/

I sure hope this keeps the little bass-turds out of my truck!

Quick Reply: Almost STOLEN... AGAIN!