2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Almost STOLEN... AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 07:46 PM
BFG
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Almost STOLEN... AGAIN!

I tell ya... If I EVER catch the little bass-turds that do this to people's trucks it will not be pretty.

Yesterday between 10AM and 2PM...
They jammed a screwdriver under the door latch which pops up the lock and in they go.
Then they rip out the area where the key goes either with a special tool they make or just rip it apart with a flat scew driver.
Then they just start the truck with the same flat screwdriver.

BUT!
We had an "immobilizer" installed last fall... this thing is AWESOME. It looks like a little bullet that hangs on your keychain and sends a signal to the electronics installed under that dash etc giving it the OK to start the vehicle when you turn the key.
So without that little bullet the truck WILL NOT START.
The couldnt steal the truck so they stole my AM/FM/CD Player... nice eh!
They had to tow it to the compund because it would not start, the immobilizer shut everything right off.
It will sit there for 3 days then get towed to a shop of my choice.
Kudos to the Province of Manitoba for starting this immobilizer program, without it my truck would have been gone and we JUST put a new 5.2L in it a Xmas time, it only has 1500KM on it. I can only imagine what they would have done if they went for a joy ride.

Well... enuff venting. I get to drive a "Chevy Cobalt" rental car for 2 weeks while my truck is in the shop!!! Ahhhhhhhh![]

Dave

Old 02-23-2006, 07:51 PM
radwebster
Captain
Default RE: Almost STOLEN... AGAIN!

damn that SUCKS

i had my wallet with $300 and my cell phone stolen at work one day...obviously doesn't compare to a truck, but i understand how angry a person gets...

Old 02-23-2006, 08:03 PM
brute98
Professional

In October my truck got stolen with over $1700 in damage [:@]. It was one of those really, really bad days. Lots of tools, stereo, amp/sub, CDs all gone. They broke in the exact same way by popping the door latch and they also slashed a tire. Recovered 2km away and not joyrided thankfully (full tank was still there!). It's the worst feeling getting a call from the cops saying they found your truck all broken into. Now I use a TruckClub and I don't even leave anything visible. I would love to get even with those asshats who broke into my truck. Scum of the earth.

Old 02-23-2006, 11:55 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yah my alarm has an imobliser bult into it even if they break into the truck the alarm will go off and if they disable that they still cant start it. there screwed from the get go

Old 02-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Tani1500
Champion

man that sucks. thats why im getting that viper alarm put in and it has the same system that it wont start and it pages you 3/4 a mile away if it goes off. plus i wana hook my airhorns up to it so i can here it a mile away.

Old 02-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

nice, if i ever caught someone F;ing with my truck, they would never hear the end of it!! ii would personally deliver them a handgrenade supository BOOM, hwo do u like that A$$ HOLE!

Old 02-24-2006, 01:57 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

in NC we handle that by carryin either a baseball bat or a two by four in the back of the truck. once saw a guy in a walmart parkin lot get beat by another man who saw this dude breakin into someone ELSES truck- not even his own. but those viper alarm systems and whatnot are sweeeet-- and that immobilizer sounds cool, i had never heard of that

Old 02-24-2006, 02:01 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

If I saw somebody doing that to my baby.....lets just say I'd probably be in jail[:@]

Old 02-24-2006, 02:02 AM
brute98
Professional

ORIGINAL: muddy_blue_dodge
once saw a guy in a walmart parkin lot get beat by another man who saw this dude breakin into someone ELSES truck- not even his own.
That's awesome!

Old 02-24-2006, 02:14 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Socha_62

If I saw somebody doing that to my baby.....lets just say I'd probably be in jail[:@]

i dont think it would be a probably for me

Quick Reply: Almost STOLEN... AGAIN!