2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4 Doors Crew Cab Around???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 06:25 PM
RAMINATOR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 Doors Crew Cab Around???

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone have one or have seen 2nd generation Dodge Ram 4 doors crew cab around even junkyard??? I bet they are RARE find... I like 4 doors crew cab type in this generation than others... I might consider buying one of those in the future, just to save on my insurance than having newer trucks lol... If you have one or seen one around town, dealers, or junkyard, I'd like to see pictures of them... I would like non-dually type... I saw 4 door crew cab dually, a 96, on ebay but don't like dually trucks...

Thanks and have a nice weekend...
Andrew

P.S. My cousin have a 3rd generation ram and it was ok... I like 2nd gen. better... I remember seeing one like maybe 4 years ago and never seen it again...

Old 02-26-2006, 06:58 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 4 Doors Crew Cab Around???

check out this thred i got more pics from him (its the one from ebay) and rom linked the pics at the top it wouldent be herd to make it not a dually the flars come off and take off a tire from each side and poss new rims to make it look good https://dodgeforum.com/m_401770/tm.htm

Old 02-26-2006, 07:35 PM
RAMINATOR

If you take fender flare off the bed, would it still look different like the opening wells would be bigger than regular ram??? Are the bolt pattern of non-dually and dually are the same or different??? I kinda like the rims that in 3rd gen... Is that original crew cab from the factory or been customized??? It looks factory to me and said only 38 crew cabs...

Andrew

Old 02-26-2006, 08:00 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

ive never really looked into converting a dually into singles but i think the fenders underneath are the same and i think its a pritty standerd bolt patern. he says the truck is origonal hovever i cant find anything to conform/deny it (ive looked) the vin search i did is on the outher post and dosent say what the cab is whitch almost makes me belive him (they will usally say) and if it is costom it is one he11 of a job but ive seen custom jobs that do look that good

Old 02-26-2006, 10:52 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: RAMINATOR
If you take fender flare off the bed, would it still look different like the opening wells would be bigger than regular ram??? Are the bolt pattern of non-dually and dually are the same or different??? I kinda like the rims that in 3rd gen... Is that original crew cab from the factory or been customized??? It looks factory to me and said only 38 crew cabs...
Andrew
You would need to replace the whole bed, as the flares are part of the bed. You would also need to change out both axles, as the bolt patterns of the duallies are different from the patterns for the rest of the HD trucks....which are different from ALL 1/2 ton trucks.

As far as we know, the crew cab on ebay was built by Chrysler. I'm guessing it was a custom job built on a chassis cab frame (with the frame extensions). I doubt they ran a production line for only 38 trucks.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:05 PM
RAMINATOR

unless I use 8 bolt pattern wheel and I won't have to change the axles right??? and only change the bed???

Old 02-26-2006, 11:52 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

unless I use 8 bolt pattern wheel and I won't have to change the axles right??? and only change the bed???
Won't work. The hubs on a dually truck are different. You'd have to change out the hubs or have the rims/hubs modified. Without the modification/swap, the rims would stick WAY out.

That's for the front. You'd still still have to change out the whole rear axle, as there is no SRW Dana 80 to use parts from. Unless you wanna run some wider tires/rims in the rear to make up the difference (rim would sit further in otherwise). Then that takes away your ability to rotate the tires.

Old 02-26-2006, 11:57 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: The Burning Rom

Andrew
You would need to replace the whole bed, as the flares are part of the bed. You would also need to change out both axles, as the bolt patterns of the duallies are different from the patterns for the rest of the HD trucks....which are different from ALL 1/2 ton trucks.

As far as we know, the crew cab on ebay was built by Chrysler. I'm guessing it was a custom job built on a chassis cab frame (with the frame extensions). I doubt they ran a production line for only 38 trucks.
i always thought that the dually flairs were just that fibeglass flairs put onto normal fenders to cover the extra tire? as for the rims im shure if you looked hard enuf you could find a bolt patern that matched or if you really wanted you could get some made just my 2 cens anyways...ive been knowen to be wrong once or twice before lol

Old 02-27-2006, 01:26 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ryans590
i always thought that the dually flairs were just that fibeglass flairs put onto normal fenders to cover the extra tire? as for the rims im shure if you looked hard enuf you could find a bolt patern that matched or if you really wanted you could get some made just my 2 cens anyways...ive been knowen to be wrong once or twice before lol
The bolt pattern isn't the issue. It's where a rim made for a SRW axle woulld sit when installed on a vehicle setup to run rims from a truck with a DRW axle. Like I said before, the fronts would stick way out and the rears would sit further in.

Old 02-27-2006, 01:51 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

would you be able to get spacers or possabley ofset rims to have the tire sit out the same as the front?

Quick Reply: 4 Doors Crew Cab Around???