2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New to the site, FNG here... Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 02:02 AM
the26incher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site, FNG here... Help!

What up guys! New to the board and I have a few questions. First, I have a 01 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 318. First question, if I remove the fan and install a electric fan, will I see a gain in power and HP? 2nd question, what do you guys think about headers and dual exaust? Who makes a good(cheap) header? Should I run dual cats and 3" exaust? How hard will it be to run a dual exaust with the gas tank in the stock location? Any help will help, thanks for look'n

Old 02-28-2006, 03:20 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: New to the site, FNG here... Help!

elec fan coversion is a touchy subject... alot of "hatters" out there say its worthless...tons of others say its the only way to go...it really depends on how much time effort and money you wanna put into it..you can go out and ge ta flexalite setup and spend a ton of cash on it... or like i did..peice it together and fab up most of the needed parts... also is your alt up to the task? my 136 amp alt ..even though its strong as hell..still takes a bit of a lickin when them fans kick on .. if you got a low stocker 90 amp alt you wanna be careful.

theres MANY posts around talkin about headers... if you use the search function you can see that your exact question(s) have been asked atleast 5 times in the past month... also great tool to get good ideas on what to do next to the truck...b/c if you start modding youll never stop

welcome to DF!!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2006, 03:34 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yah shott is the man to answer you he has just done both lol

personally id go for the eletric fans and not ecpect too much diffence its not gonna be worse than stock however if you do get some improvment bonus

on my truck stock alt on a 98, 318, 1500 is 117 amps i just got the build sheet from dodge last week you can email them and ask for one if you wanna see what alt you have if u dont know

Old 02-28-2006, 06:28 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a set of ceramic coated Edelbrock shorties that bolt right up to your crossover up for auction right now on ebay.

Quick Reply: New to the site, FNG here... Help!