2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

still more electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 12:13 AM
jscherencel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still more electrical problems

Well, I've got more problems now. I have no fog lights, dash lights, and even no running tail lights! I changed both of the fog lamp relays #1 & 2. I also went and changed all of the fuses that have to deal with any and all of the lights. Also changed the ones that are clusters A & B. Still nothing. I've got a Haynes manual and have been trying to figure out the electrical but it looks like the funny pages on Sunday to me.

Anyone know what else I need to look into?

The guy at Autozone said maybe its the main switch in the cab? But would that really makes all of those lights not work??

I hate electrical problems!

Thanks

Old 03-01-2006, 12:20 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: still more electrical problems

yah id say the light switch on the dash too there pritty easy to change out. pull it out and use a testlight or multymeeter to see if its working should be power going in and a ground then cupple comming out for the lights that will get power wen its turned on then a cupple for the interior/cargo lights also wen you check it make shure you have it set so your dash lights would be at there brightest

Old 03-01-2006, 12:36 AM
jscherencel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the guy at Autozone wasn't too far off then? I'll have to go and give it a try after work and see if the switch is working. Is there any other possible problems I should look into or no?

Old 03-01-2006, 12:43 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if you have checked the fuses changed the realys its about the last thing to look into before you start the hunt for bad wires and thats no fun if it was just your headlights not working i would say to check the dimmer switch too but if there all not working i dont thint it would be i.

Quick Reply: still more electrical problems