2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Running wires for an amp?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Lanzar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Running wires for an amp?

ORIGINAL: habeba86

You should have got a new alt not a cap. I mean if they work for ya cool. You should jst upgrade the rest of your your electrical first, bcuz once ur cap gets drained that just another thing for your alt to try and re-charge.

I didnt see that it was 1 ohm stable.....or are you just running it with that load
Yeah in the manual somewhere it says 1 ohm stable

Old 03-13-2006, 08:17 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

hmm running at 2 ohms with 1100 watt amp... yeah don't get much more than 500 to the subs... can't hear anything after that point (even at fifty yards). ok so maybe not that loud but you get the idea..

also i'm running four gauge wires. no cap..

Old 03-14-2006, 02:35 PM
A*n*t*h*o*n*y*

I know most of these posts are from last year but for anyone looking into it.... a buddy of mine bought a energy cell (i think that is what it was called) for his truck and is putting 4 tens in his pickup. These things are supposed to be able to handle like 600 yes 600 farad. Just wanted to through out the idea for anyone looking. He also tested it and said that it was running 14v at Idel and his stereo was turned up pretty good. That was with just two infinity reference 10's. So they work like a charm. He got his for $225 from a store in spokane WA. If anyone has any questions about them then let me know and I will ask him about it more so that i can get the full details on them for ya

Quick Reply: Running wires for an amp?