2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Shaker Hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Ronnie Lee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shaker Hood

Hey guys, I've been considering purchasing a fiberglass shaker hood and air cleaner package from Keystone and am hoping to get some feedback on some stuff. #1 it's going to go on my 98 Dodge. Installation doesn't seem like it will be too difficult but my main concerns are paint matching and a good fit. I could probably use an all around new paint job on the truck anyways but most of the paint chips on on the hood so that would pretty much solve that.

Does anybody know anything about Keystone? The original price for this package is over $4,000.00 and it's marked down to $995.00. I dunno about the rest of you but that makes me raise an eyebrow. Is it just because it's not a hot item or is it because the product sucks?

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/images...ons/GHD106.pdf

This is a link to the installation and also has several pics of a finished Ram. I think it looks good....FEEDBACK, what do you guys think?

Ronnie Lee

Old 03-10-2006, 05:36 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: Shaker Hood

You're a little off on your original price. The original is 1,394.33 from stylinconcepts

You can get it even cheaper here: http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/krpghd106-fn.html

From what I've heard, Keystone is the best when it comes to the shaker hoods...at least for the Ram. IIRC, they were the first to have a decent one on the market. I believe it is based on (or is the same) mold as the one developed by pro-finish pro-glass. You can see their hood here: http://www.truckinweb.com/brandpages...0206tr_double/

Old 03-11-2006, 01:27 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We deal with keystone all the time at work and there a good company to deal with I haven’t herd of any probs with them (i’m not the guy answering the phones though lol) and if you have any mechanical knowledge there not hard to install

Old 03-11-2006, 01:59 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

oh man that looks sick... me want!!!! oh damn..spent all the bones on a NEW FRIGGEN TRANNY

sob

hell yea dude... depending on the color of your truck matching hte paint wont be hard.. my color is hard to match... the intense blue pearl...any good body shop should be able to paint it for ya and still match it well!

Old 03-11-2006, 06:04 AM
Ronnie Lee

Hey Shott, no doubt I feel your pain brother. Back in January I had to fork over 2500 to get a new tranny put in my Ram....I love my truck, and I love Dodge, but our transmissions suck. At any rate she's running good now.

That's the beauty of this shaker hood, It's a pretty cheap mod, and thanks to The Burning Rom...we can save a few extra pennies.

I appreciate you guys posting up on here. I've been meaning to get some pics of my truck up and I promise I'll get some before and afters to post after I do this.

Old 03-11-2006, 09:15 PM
livinginh
Veteran

Wow, that is sweet! Wonder if you can just buy the shaker cleaner part with out the hood?

Old 03-13-2006, 08:14 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

well if you want the shaker part you're gonna have to cut into your hood for it to be worth while.. otherwise you'll just be sucking in hot air.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:45 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lund makes stick on ones so it looks like you have it but it just for show

Old 03-17-2006, 07:13 PM
livinginh
Veteran

No I ment the real thing not a fake look alike and cutting the hood wouldnt be a problem, just wondering if you can get the shaker part with out the hood, would have to make it cheaper?

Old 03-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Last summer when my hood got hail damage on it, I just about pulled the trigger and ordered that Keystone Good Hood shaker hood. I still love how it looks, but I wish I could find more pictures of it from different angles, etc...

I may still get it someday.

Quick Reply: Shaker Hood