2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone have pics of an MTX Thunderform installed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 02:33 PM
JustinJohnson86
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone have pics of an MTX Thunderform installed?

Dont want to jack the thread or anything but:

I cant figure out how to lower the top half of the back seat, and I dont want to mount the amps under the front seats =/. Is there any way to disengage the top half of the backseat and mount the amps on the rear wall? That would be so much better and help hide them puppys (im going for the stealthiest but loudest look possible!)

Old 03-16-2006, 02:43 PM
moocs

I read somewhere that the rear seat top pops up then out. I'm trying to save the center front space for a carputer so I'll check the the top half of the back seat for space when the box is in. Thanks for the replies!

Old 03-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Chopper1
All Star

No way the amps will fit behind the rear seat. The only other place I could think of putting them was behind the rear side panels. A lot of open area, but no way to access them after installation. The amps are held down with screws. Only a couple go through the floor. The rest just bite into the carpet backing and don't budge. I don't have kids at home so I don't have a lot of small feet kicking around in the back. The amp under the drivers seat was further to the rear of the seat, but after a few feet got to close on the wires I moved it to the front edge of the seat frame. My feet are not going to get under there unless I can drive with my feet facing the back.

Old 03-16-2006, 06:54 PM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker

how much do those boxes cost?? and is there anywhere online where i can get the whole kit (box, speakers, wires, amp)

Old 03-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Chopper1
All Star

Crazy1snow and Justin had a link to a site that sells speaker boxes further up the thread. Crutchfield, local audio shop, just about any one can get them. The MTX's come with the speakers already in them. I think proform does to. They are expensive though, expecially the MTX and other loaded(with speakers) ones. Just have to consider what the speakers cost and an empty box V/S Loaded. The MTX's for our truck do not come with an amp. I don't think any of them do. If you have a buddy that is good with this stuff it can save a lot. If would be a good idea to go to a local audio shop and get their recomendations. This will help with mounting options. Then either pay them to do the work or use the info and do it yourself....Kind of like free help.

Old 03-17-2006, 04:56 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

well to answer all the questions.. no the subs do not lay on the carpet there is about 2-3" of gap. no way can you fit the amp under the seat, or on the back wall. yes there is a hell of a lot of thump i cannot turn my subs all the way up and have the radio, or cd, up past half way on my head unit. i'm also running a 1100 watt amp to them. they are dual 10" infinty reference single coil subs. i did have to modify the box a little to fit the sub coils.

i also don't have it bolted to the floor or anything the seat keeps it in place. yes the subs are screwed into the the box.

ok i went with the two ten's because i wanted the sound quality not the abilty to shake my truck apart. with that said i can turn them up and i can't sit in the truck with all windows open and the doors open.. and the roof chopped off, and the box out of the truck.. and yeah well they do good. only 80 bucks a piece for the subs too. yeah.

Old 03-17-2006, 05:53 PM
JustinJohnson86
Captain

=( I'm jealous, I only have 1 12" infinity reference in a 1.25cu box (not downfiring tho, its most definetly firing towards the roof) and i cant get it loud enough! and its got 500 watts going to it =/

I'm buying a box...

Old 03-17-2006, 11:59 PM
Chopper1
All Star

Sorry about some confusion there Crazy. Now that I look back I see that justin had no bass. Went back and looked at the boxes and did notice the ridge on the outside edge to keep them off the floor. Nobody was making these boxes back when I put my system in but MTX. Then again I didn't know how to surf the internet back then either. Looks like there are several choices now..

Old 03-18-2006, 06:32 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

i spent a couple months trying to find that box... even went to all the local shops, radio stores everything.

finally ran across it searching google. they are a good company i just kept hounding them about my check so it took even longer to get the box than i wanted it to. put it in and yum it's good stuff

Quick Reply: Anyone have pics of an MTX Thunderform installed?