2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake Fluid

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 04:32 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Fluid

I was thinking about changing all my fluids in my truck. When i got to thinking about it i have never changed brake fluid before, the only way i could think of was with 3 guys, one bleeding lines, one pumping the brakes, and one dumping in brake fluid. There has got to be an easier way? anyone got any tricks?

Old 03-20-2006, 11:50 AM
ASH
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brake Fluid

Get a brake bleeder kit like the following: http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...tnumber=T71658

This kit is nice because it has a magnet to hold the bottle on the vehicle which keeps it from spilling. When the bottle is full, it is time to add fluid to the reservoir, so you don't have to worry about getting air in the system. I've purchased this unit and was pleased with how well it works.

It will still take two people, one to watch for clean fluid coming through the tubing and open and close the fitting, and one to pump the brakes. Then one can dump the dirty fluid while the other adds new. Start at the right rear wheel, then go to the left, rear, right front, then the left front. It's a good idea to change fluid to keep your brake lines from rusting, because brake fluid will pick up moisture. There are more expensive tools that you can buy, but this is a decent way to do it in about a half hour.

Quick Reply: Brake Fluid