2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can't find the faucet under the dash!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 10:47 PM
Fiero Guy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can't find the faucet under the dash!

I think Socha_62 got it. I had just been looking at the overflow tank and its full. Duh me. I popped the cap and sure enough it was low. I dumped in about a quart of coolant this morning, and now the sound has disapated (sp?) all day long. I'll try to remember to report back tomorrow if its gone altogether or what.

ORIGINAL: frksho311

Not to mention the Fiero. I'm a GTO guy myself. I have two 1971's but love the Fiero's. 2m6?
2M8 actually she's got a 350

Old 03-23-2006, 11:56 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

when you fill it up it helps to have the heater on full blast...helps to circulate and may help to get teh air bubbles out...... if the coolant system isnt filling itself by the resevior .. then you may have a vacume leak on it.. or a bad rad cap...

Old 03-24-2006, 12:06 AM
cableguy
Professional

I dont mean to jack the thread, but what kind of transmission do you use behind (beside?) that 350? That's gotta be a thrill ride!

Old 03-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Fiero Guy
Rookie

Well after adding that quart of coolant the problem has nearly been eliminated after a day and about 30 miles. Maybe another day will work the rest of the air out. The rad cap doesn't seem to fit the brand new Valeo rad that was installed a few months ago that well, so I wonder if that isn't the issue.

Thanks for the help guys, I feel kinda silly for asking now, but gotta get used to driving something with the engine in the front again!

Old 03-25-2006, 11:38 AM
Fiero Guy
Rookie

ORIGINAL: cableguy

I dont mean to jack the thread, but what kind of transmission do you use behind (beside?) that 350? That's gotta be a thrill ride!
It's an awesome little car. The tranny is an extremely low mile Fiero 5 speed. It's held up fine so far, and according to the folks at the car show I left last summer, its enough to lift the front wheels.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:34 AM
miknwv
Veteran

I had a full service on my ram and the faucet finally turned off too....lol.

Quick Reply: Can't find the faucet under the dash!