2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any CB/HAM guys?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:53 PM
big_Gymnast
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any CB/HAM guys?

hmmm....well I guess that ideas shot out the window. I really dont know much else without actually bustin it open and checking out the insides. Wish I could be more help!! Sorry Man!!!

Evan

Old 03-28-2006, 01:56 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Yeah its really wierd that it recieves to perfect but doesn't transmit It had good power too cause I took the power cord and put them RIGHT on the battery terminals to ensure I had good voltage.

Old 03-28-2006, 02:09 AM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker

sometimes those built in meters dont read all that accurate. you can pick up an SWR meter from radio shack that will always be accurate, and you can tune all your buddies trucks with it too!

Old 03-28-2006, 02:26 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

all this talk about cb's sounds fun... i just hate them big *** wip redneck antennas (no offense to our southern members )

Old 03-28-2006, 03:06 AM
Spike7ss
Veteran

Sorry to hijack

Anyone run HAM radio?

Old 03-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Redneck2345
Veteran

ORIGINAL: shott8283

all this talk about cb's sounds fun... i just hate them big *** wip redneck antennas (no offense to our southern members )

whats wrong with them big *** whip redneck antenna's? Ive got one on my truck [&:]

Old 03-29-2006, 12:55 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

CB and that big whip are high on my list for next mod as money comes in-

you can have the CB without the whip tho, shott- a friend of mine has a CB and gets great reception on it, and only has about a 6 inch (cant even call it a whip, really....)

but i personally love the ones that are bent over to half their size and still break the 15 foot mark

Old 03-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Mines 3 feet, I hope I'm not a redneck Combined with the height of the truck its about 10-11 feet off the ground.

So I had my radio looked at at 2 diffrent places. Both say probably over $100 to fix, and seeing how the radio is 8 years old and I got it for $80 obviously not worth it. I did complain to PayPal and told them I would only accept a full refund from the guy, so they're communicating with him to see what he wants to do. I should get at least $50 back I'm thinking...still a $30 loss

Looks like I'm gonna be in the market for another CB!

Old 03-29-2006, 02:43 PM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

if you get another one; check out radioshack. they have good CBs for decent prices, but most importantly they have good customer service.

or if price is more important than that, i think someone else mentioned it earlier, go to a truck stop near you to find a used one for a good deal.

O YEA and btw be completely proud to be a redneck![sm=guilty.gif][sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

ORIGINAL: Socha_62

Mines 3 feet, I hope I'm not a redneck Combined with the height of the truck its about 10-11 feet off the ground.

So I had my radio looked at at 2 diffrent places. Both say probably over $100 to fix, and seeing how the radio is 8 years old and I got it for $80 obviously not worth it. I did complain to PayPal and told them I would only accept a full refund from the guy, so they're communicating with him to see what he wants to do. I should get at least $50 back I'm thinking...still a $30 loss

Looks like I'm gonna be in the market for another CB!
What did they say was wrong with it? Was it the finals? Just curious. The truck stop idea is a good one. If you have a buddy with a CB that works - go sit around a truck stop and listen to ch 19. Lots of times you will hear a driver that has a good radio for sale cause he needs money for fuel or something. Older Galaxy's are a great score for under $100. A lot of times they will be talking on it so you can know it works. Truck stop cb shops usually have a selection of used stuff - and a lot of them have already been "peaked and tuned" , have echo cards, talkback, power mics, all kinds of toys in them. Truck stops usually have the best prices on new cb's also. I know several that if you buy a new one from the truck stop cb shop, the guy will tune it up right out of the box for cheap. I'd stay away from e-bay and drive to your nearest truck stop with a shop if I were you. I run a peaked and tuned Cobra 29 WX Classic with a K-40 antenna - and love it!

Quick Reply: Any CB/HAM guys?