2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

no start

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 06:09 AM
tmwolfr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no start

I have a 2000 360 ram. I shut my truck off when I got to work , time to go home truck cranks, no start. checked for spark, got spark. ok must be fuel pump. cant hear it run so I check the relay, relay good. I want to make shure power is getting to the pump so I pull the plug off the pump and check all for wires, no power. got any good ideas.

thanks

Old 03-27-2006, 11:20 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Default RE: no start

The best way to check the fuel pump is to put a gauge on the fuel rail. If you have good pressure- ~40psi- try resetting the computer. One of my 318 vans is like this. It runs like a top, but every once in a while it will not start. I reset the computer and it fixes it. Not sure whether it's the fuel sync, crank sensor or what.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:26 AM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

Id follow the wires back and see if there is an open.

Old 03-27-2006, 11:47 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker

I don't know what kind of shift he works or if he has any enemies at work, but chances are if the truck got him there the wiring is fine. The fuel pump will only run for a few seconds when you turn the key on to put pressure on the lines, and will not run again until the motor is running. You will need two people to check voltage. One underneath with a meter, and one turning the key off and on. That is unless you make some kind of test harness or have very long arms.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:42 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check your fuses and relays check them all

Old 03-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Big_N_Bad
Professional

I am pretty sure it is your relay switch. I just got done replacing mine. Everthing worked but for some reason it would not start. It was the relay switch. Try jumping directly from your starter. Make sure the key is turned to the run postion and jump it by crossing the starter. If it turns over then it is your relay switch. If it doesnt then it is your starter. But hope it is your relay switch just a 10 dollar part at autozone. Quick simple fix it is located in the fuse box. Hope this helps and let us know what happens.

BNB

Quick Reply: no start