2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

the Ryan and Ryan BS thread (so we dont steal yours)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 04:01 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default the Ryan and Ryan BS thread (so we dont steal yours)

ok shott here it is a place for us to BS i could go on forever...anyways when we have the erage to jack a thred well go here insted sound good?

so now that u can laugh at me now for not bein able to find the IIRC valve lol...

Old 03-29-2006, 04:08 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: the Ryan and Ryan BS thread (so we dont steal yours)

LOL your an ***!!!!!! LMAO i wonder when the mods will delete this post and/or move it to offtopic... [sm=roll.gif]

dude i saw my name on the forum and im like wtf? i clicked it and busted out laffin...woke the old lady up LOL

yea so... i think im puttin gthe alt upgrade and dual batts mod off for a bit and getting new rims and tires...

Old 03-29-2006, 04:12 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

yah i was wonderin how long it would last but i figured it was a good chuckel if nouthin else

so your gonna get some new rims and tires now...what are you lookin at? what gave you the idea to change out the wheels?

Old 03-29-2006, 04:17 AM
shott8283

im defenatly going with some procomp 1023's 16X8 for the wheels.... not sure about the tires yet...i love the look of many M/T's the agressive tread pattern and the width of them... but i rarley offroad and the truck is my DD so im on the pavement all the time... so i think economically wise i should go with some A/T's i just want some mean looking at's procomp seams to be having a huge sale on there tires and i would defentatly get a set of there tires ..only if the font they used on the side walls wasnt to damn ugly...and i would want the white letters out...im not too fond of just black wall tires on my truck... just doesnt look right... and it looks cool when you got big white letters on the side of the tire and thy are turning over and over when your going down the road.... what made me decide to get new ones? well its spring and its warming up so i had to get eh winter dueler winter tires of fthe truck before i burned up too much tread and couldnt use them next yet... that and the other set of tires and rims (factory set) have 80 thousand miles on them and could be consided 31" racing slicks... damn near bald

Old 03-29-2006, 04:29 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

ahh i see ive been thinking on procomp rims and rubbers but its near the bottem of my list but i get a hell of a deal at work on them be deal direct with procomp and since i get my staff price its a steal lol the ones i have now and the next will be a/t as well i like the looks of the m/t but have no practial use for them my truck is a dd as well and i know some pepole think a/t are useless but ive had luck with them...mot muddin of course but in mud and snow and what not...

i think im gonna tackle my ait hat this weekend i have no idea how im gonna get it to sit better i got some of that cork roaled up stuff and made a new gacket hoping that since it was thicker it would seeat better but i stil dont think its right maby ill just smear some rtv sealent around it lol

Old 03-29-2006, 04:33 AM
shott8283

lol well how is it fastened down? meaning how do you have it fixed to the TB? witht he K&N CAI it uses a short stubby threaded rod/post that screws into the top of the TB with some threadlock to keep it onplace and not loosen up.. (small little hole that has threads in it) and they use a large female bolt (threads in the inside of the bolt instead of the outside) that goes through the top of the air hat and down the middle of it and threads on to that little threaded rod... well im off to bed.. ttyl .. if this thread is still here in th AM lol

Old 03-29-2006, 04:37 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

its has a bolt that threds into the TB then goes up through the air hat with a nut on the top...i think i might statrt anouther thred about my air hat and see what ideas are out there

Old 03-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Chopper1
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are the laws around there about tires sticking outside the fenders.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:38 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

i dont know if you meen me or shott but here you cant have them sticking out more than about an inch id they are its time for frnder flairs

Old 03-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Chopper1
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Viginia, or atleast my area, they don't give us a hard time about them sticking out. Rooster tails in the rain. When I went through PA, a few guys were asking me about the tires sticking out. They said that it is strict in their area so most of them run tall narrow tires. Probably saves on getting wider rims.

Quick Reply: the Ryan and Ryan BS thread (so we dont steal yours)