2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

"Electric Supercharger"

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 02:06 AM
1996ramkid
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Electric Supercharger"

you all just made my day just by me reading this[]

Old 03-31-2006, 03:05 AM
Spike7ss
Veteran

Funny story:

My brother, who is supposed to be smarter, purchased one similar off ebay. When it finally came in, he put it on, and did nothing (go figure eh). So he told the guy who sold it to him it didnt work and didnt do anything. Well no response from him, so he took it to paypal and ebay. They gave him his money back and got to keep the POS. Ended up selling it on ebay again to some other poor sucker. Man I feel sorry for the guy who bought it the second time [>:]

Ill just keep to adding underglow, spinners, and a those little tree airfreshners are supposed to be good for a couple HP? [:-]

Old 03-31-2006, 05:41 AM
tib2001
Rookie

hehe,
had a buddy in highschool who actually had a leaf blower rigged up to the intake of his dodge caravan
boy was it funny. barely had room under the hood to check the oil.
dunno what good it did, but it sure made us all laugh.

Old 03-31-2006, 06:19 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

id add a leaf blower to the Murray rider in the uncles garage... and a header ... and a 100 shot of TRESemme Super Hold + Extra Shine and Shimmer. that would net the ole brigs and straton about 500 HP! ill dyno it on the 55 gallon drums and the radar gun and post back later

instead of ordering that charger on ebay.. you could take a computer cooling fan that runs off of 12VDC and jam that into your intake.. should run arund 100 lbs of boost.. along with a PINE scented tree freshner and BACK OFF muddflaps you could be running along next to top fuel drags ... dont forget to rotate your halogen fluid.. thatll cost you HP and TQ and youd never get off the line... your ET's would drop horidly

Old 03-31-2006, 07:27 AM
Ramdamit98
Captain

Oh that's it I'm shutting off my computer right now and gutting it. It's gotta have like four fans in it and dam if they don't have all fancy blue LED's to add flash.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Joe Dirt
Rookie

I would never do anything as foolish as that electric supercharger........... Everyone knows where the real power is, so try this............Put a shop vac in the bed of your truck,, and hook it to the exhaust. Not only will this reduce back pressure significantly, but it will also pull so hard, that it will suck air in through the throttle body. This is the best mod out there, as it reduces back pressure, and creates an air charge that you wouldn't believe,acting like a supercharger, and free flowing exhaust all in one.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:21 AM
JustinJohnson86
Captain

Dude screw that idea joedirt... Just get those shop fans, the ones that can blow like over 100 mph... You gotta figure for every mph of wind they produce you get like... say... 5 hp right? Thats 500 hp in a 100 mph fan.. Now take like, 8.. no 10 of those and strap them to the bed of your truck, all facing the rear... Get like 10 batterys... hell get 15 why not you got a truck right? All that extra power? yeah thats hp baby!

Turn all the fans on, now slam on the gas... guarenteed to make your 1/4 and 60 MPH a hella lot faster. Along with your top speed... Because you know the law of physics right? Just add every 100 mph fan in the back, with 10 of them, BOOM your doing 1000 mph...

(Man this is fun when your half awake)

Old 03-31-2006, 11:43 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: tib2001

hehe,
had a buddy in highschool who actually had a leaf blower rigged up to the intake of his dodge caravan
boy was it funny. barely had room under the hood to check the oil.
dunno what good it did, but it sure made us all laugh.
Wouldn't it be great to see some ricer or a mustang get cooked by a Caravan with a leaf blower. It would probably make some "Fast and Furious" wannabe go suck on the business end of a 45.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:48 AM
JustinJohnson86
Captain

Hey I've eating some rice with my moms mini van - Mercury Villager... Yeah it was fun... Especially when i had bought some 10 dollar spinner hubcaps to put on it and did burnouts like mad it in... Had some ricers like "wanna race" ...

"Umm yeah sure, but I'm gonna lose"

3 times this kid tried... and the v6 in the mini van was eating it up =)

I think he cried when i left to get my truck...

Old 03-31-2006, 11:52 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker

I guess that's one kid who wasn't crazy 'bout a mercury. Did your your mom let you put a leaf blower on that bad boy.

Quick Reply: "Electric Supercharger"