2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Durabak Bed Liners

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 01:03 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Durabak Bed Liners

Anyone ever heard of them or tried them. I have read about a couple of people on other sites who have used them and was wondering if anyone has experience with them. It seems like a good deal, about $120 for enough to do a short bed pickup with two coats. Comes in a lot of different colors and can be sprayed on with a regular spray gun. Also, it has a textured finish as well as additives to prevent UV fading.

Old 03-31-2006, 03:31 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Durabak Bed Liners

never heard of them but my uncle did the DIY kit form duplicolor (well i did it.. he just watched and handed me beers) and it turned out great.. we had to get extra coating material b/c he watned it built up alot... we shot a few test peices on some metal and if it was sprayed too thing it would chip off... preping the surface is in upmost importance.. defently a weekend job...

Old 04-02-2006, 03:17 AM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of sprayer did you use? I saw this at wallyworld the other day and was wondering if you have to buy a seperate sprayer

Old 04-02-2006, 03:27 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i used a crappy old HVLP gun..(wasnt no SATA lol).. but the coating is quite thin itself and i added a LITTLE bit of reducer to it to ease it through,,, just layerd the snot out of it...obviously the texture was hard to build up..kinda had to dryspray it instead of the habitual "wet painting" like on a car with normal BC/CC painting..

ive seen some DIY kits that come with the meterial sprayer..chinsy onetime deal kinda thing but would work good i bet if your trying to DIY and save some CASH!

Quick Reply: Durabak Bed Liners