2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Trialer Brake Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 02:20 AM
lumpy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trialer Brake Question

I have a 24ft enclosed trailer that I pulled with my 2000 Ram before I wrecked it. It had the tow package with a trailer brake mounted under the dash. My new Ram, it's actually a '99, has the tow package but does not have the trailer brake. I have an '91 Ram that has a trailer brake, and it seems to work pretty good. I would like to remove the brake from the old Ram and install it in my '99. My question is, what wires need to be hooked up and to what? Is it just as simple as connecting a ground and one to the brakelight?

Old 04-06-2006, 03:45 AM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Trialer Brake Question

It shouldn't be too big of a deal to put it on the 99. There was thread here along that line but I can't find it. Somebody mentioned going to Uhaul and have have them do it.

Old 04-06-2006, 03:50 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

If you have the tow package, you should have a plug under your dash for the brake controller. It should be part of the harness for the towing package. But you will probably need an adapter to adapt the controller.

~UPDATE~
Here's a link with some info: http://www.etrailer.com/faq/dbc.asp

Old 04-06-2006, 04:31 AM
Chopper1
All Star

That was me that went to U-Haul. I needed a controller anyway. Another $30-$40 and it was in. Too easy. My truck did not already have the tow package.

Quick Reply: Trialer Brake Question