2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Royal Purple

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 10:57 PM
silverram99
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Royal Purple

I read in the Speed Tweaks file that Royal Purple gave them a .5 mpg improvement in their testing. Does anyone have any experience with the stuff? I am about due for an oil change and I thought if it really was worth the price that I would give it a shot. I already use Castrol Syntec in my truck, if that makes a difference.

Old 04-06-2006, 11:02 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Royal Purple

I remember on the show TRUCKS (spike tv's powerblock) one time they were working on a truck and bought a kit that Royal Purple makes that replaces virtually all of the fluids (engine, trans, etc.) and not only did it help their gas mileage they got something like 12 more horses!!! If i remember correctly that kit they had had a garuntee by royal purple to give you at least 5 or 10 more horses or something like that.....so i guess it probably wouldnt hurt to try the oil out

Old 04-07-2006, 12:53 AM
badram1500
Veteran

silverram99 I ran a similar post alittle while back. If you do a search for Royal purple you should find it. Some good info and opinions.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:01 AM
silverram99
Captain

Alright thanks for the info, I will do the search.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:11 AM
Chopper1
All Star

Seems to me, that if you change all the driveline fluids to quality synthetics, there will be less friction and heat. Which should by logic improve mileage/power with less resistance. I think red line also makes some synthetic gear oil.

Old 04-07-2006, 05:08 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i thin vavoline makes a syn gear oil too but not in a good weight for our trucks

ive heard alot of people talk about royal purple .. they swear by it... im always a little skittish about swapping brands of fluids that ive trusted and ran for years and had no problems.. hell who knows ill prolly give purple a shot sometime

Old 04-07-2006, 11:26 AM
4DrMopar
Captain

OK, to those that have never used Royal Purple......
this stuff is slicer than baby****......
This is VERY good as long your have NO LEAKS..... this oil is one of the oils that started the "it will make yer **** leak" myth....
I think you can have oil TOO slick,this is one if its even possible...
We have used it for YEARS in 2.2 mopar turbo applications.... thought we had a clutch failing, no.. the valve cover leaked and ran down the trannycase and loosened most of the top ones it touched...
yeah,go ahead and call BS but until we cleaned the bolt bores out with a small bruch and laquer thinner, we coudlnt get them to stay tight... youhave to wipe it off yer hands with laquer or somethign VERY strong.. soap and water don't cut it...it all but laughs at brakeclean... it DOES work very well in the turbo applications as we have over revved a few times(like 2 grand over,ooops) and had no issues with oil pressure failure....

Old 04-07-2006, 11:42 AM
JustinJohnson86
Captain

Ugh, if i didnt have buy the truck from a toyota dealer and buy the oil change schedule from them, I wouldnt have to get dino-oil... I would be able to get synthetics...

Hmm, maybe if i pay them an extra 10 dollars per change they might put synthethics in for me...

Old 04-08-2006, 01:32 AM
4DrMopar
Captain

no warranty says you CANT use synthetic, no REAL warranty anywayz.. thats bs call on my part

Quick Reply: Royal Purple