2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

NHL Playoffs

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006 | 02:01 AM
dflyboy
Professional
Default RE: NHL Playoffs

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!! YAY we won

Old 05-02-2006 | 02:31 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Down with the Wings!!!!! The best two teams left in the Western Conference are the Flames and Sharks!

Old 05-02-2006 | 03:40 AM
shott8283

Can I get some love for the Sabres since you western conference guys are bout done?

Lets see, Round2 for the West will be Sharks, Avs, and Oilers, still waiting on the Ducks and Flames series (should end tonight )

Round 2 for the East will be Sens, Devils, and waiting on Montreal and Carolina, and Buffalo and Philly, both game 6's are being played tomorow night!!!!

Old 05-02-2006 | 01:10 PM
Socha_62
|
Record Breaker

Another dissapointing game. It was pretty good though, but I have a bia opinion I guess so I have some complaints....

Mainly the 3rd goal by Edmonton that tied it up. For those of you that missed it, the puck was flung toward the goal about 8 feet in the air. An Oil high sticks and grabs it out of te air and theres no call. Then he drops the puck down right in front of the goal and theres a big scramble. They "score" and it goes into review. There was about 4 people plus the gollie in the crease and the two Edmonton players have they're stickes at the waist, not even close to the ice. Anyways it goes into reviews and there was a CLEAR kicking motion by Edmonton, and it had to have been kicked in since no sticks were even on the ice. About about a 5 min review the series manager said it was good. Thats 3 goals this series he has allowed for Edmonton that went into review. How many for Detroit? 1. 1 shot went into review that shouldsn't even had to in the series, and since it was in broad daylight they had to allow it.

Anyways I just wonder in that Series Manager might have been getting anouther paycheck from somewhere else.......maybe they should review them. It was obvious the whole series they were out to get the Red Wings.

Well congrats Oilers. I can't wait to watch you loose in the next series Maybe you'll even loose 0-4 lol

Old 05-02-2006 | 01:41 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

I watched that oiler goal and from what I could see the puck was up near the guys waist at one point when he was pushed from behind. Then I couldnt see it after that. I think though that since it was called a goal on the ice, the has to be video evidence to reverse that call and that just wasnt there.

Old 05-02-2006 | 01:45 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: steve00ram360

I watched that oiler goal and from what I could see the puck was up near the guys waist at one point when he was pushed from behind. Then I couldnt see it after that. I think though that since it was called a goal on the ice, the has to be video evidence to reverse that call and that just wasnt there.
+1

There's also been several calls in a majority of the playoff series that were questionable...and they've been letting guys get away with stuff thru-out the Oilers/Wings series on BOTH sides.....so while the Oilers got more reviews...there were some penalties that werent handed out that should have....

Old 05-02-2006 | 02:09 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

IMO, the game is much more fun to watch now with the rule changes... they did make it a much faster game. I definately think the refs should be calling all of the penalties on both sides of the ice... from what I hear, they should be.

Old 05-02-2006 | 02:13 PM
nmason
Veteran

too many penalties. i was watching the calgary/anaheim game last night and it was rediculous! penalty after penalty. i have no problem with them calling it as long as it is obviously a penalty. seriously, someof the stuff theyve been calling penalties lately make it seem like im watching basketball; touch, foul, touch, foul. rediculous!

other than that, im enjoying it alot more now. old rules i dont think my montreal canadiens would have made the playoffs this year.

go habs go

Old 05-02-2006 | 02:15 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

ORIGINAL: nmason

too many penalties. i was watching the calgary/anaheim game last night and it was rediculous! penalty after penalty. i have no problem with them calling it as long as it is obviously a penalty. seriously, someof the stuff theyve been calling penalties lately make it seem like im watching basketball; touch, foul, touch, foul. rediculous!

other than that, im enjoying it alot more now. old rules i dont think my montreal canadiens would have made the playoffs this year.

go habs go
The nba is a joke... the refs always assume there is going to be contact when a defender is close. I agree that in some cases there may be too many penalties called, but i've also seen too many go un-called. it needs to be more consistant.

Old 05-02-2006 | 03:22 PM
mikebrown123

Go Sabres!!!! Win it tonight!!