2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

FREE!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 03:39 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FREE!!!!!!

yeah doing it yourself with a rattle is kinda risky... you need the high velocity for the protection.

seeing you have the lid you should be fine with the weather.

just do many coats until you have it at least an eighth inch thick. that will even hold up to steel scrapin on the bed.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:04 PM
hippie49445
Professional

Carefull of the Autozone stuff. I did it and it is pealing away. Make sure you scuff up your bed really good. And maybe try the clearcoat over it. I am going to have to re-do the whole thing on my truck.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:49 PM
jisthangin01
Professional

My truck had the Rinoliner put in it. My boss sprayed it in. They make a special gun. The only thing i sugg is make sure u mix the right amount of hardner. It was the first time we did it, and to make it dry faster, like paint, we added a bit more hardner. It dried to fast and chips off a bit easier than it should. However, after we clearcoated it, it keeps it shiny, and like a wet look. It looks soo much nicer than the flat black it as originally. I too got rid of the bedliner for it. It was well worth it. The rinoliner is much nicer.

Old 04-28-2006, 08:52 PM
jisthangin01
Professional

Oh yea.. one more note, If you want to line the rails also, which is what was done on my truck, I liked the way it came out, BUT you have to make sure u put somthing like piano wire or somthing of that sort where u want it to be cut off. Taping it wont cut it b/c it dries hard and there has to be somthin there to cut the edge of it. I'll try to take a pic of it for how it looks and post it somtime this weekend.

Old 04-28-2006, 09:00 PM
fiveliterbtr
Veteran

Damn, $650-$700 for a spray-in?? Are they gold-plating it?

I priced a Perma-Tech last week...over & under the rails, standard black, lifetime warr...$475

A friend of mine works at a detail/customizing shop...they're gonna start doing Line-X next month...lucky me, it'll be about $125 w00t!

To stay on topic, I also have an OE Dodge drop-in, missing tie-down plugs, yours for the taking...25 min west of Cleveland.

Quick Reply: FREE!!!!!!