2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Airaid Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 02:29 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airaid Dyno results

ORIGINAL: shott8283
so is this airaid a intake? like a cai? or a tb spacer... you didnt specify
He actually GAINED power [8D] It's the intake.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:54 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

ok i was just making sure... assumed that he meant the CAI lol

Old 04-26-2006, 10:34 AM
KenB

I actually did order the TB spacer also just to take a look at it. But I'm sending it back.

From here, I plan on a Magnaflow catback and then possibly the throttle body. It will probably be a little bit before I get those parts on the truck though.

Ken

Old 04-26-2006, 02:07 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i hope you realize that everytime someone gets a question about what kinda mod will perform what.. they are gonna ask you to order it and run it on the dyno for them lol!

its gotta be nice to have those kinds of resources available... one thing you should test is the fastman TB.. see if it actually increases rwhp by the numbers

Old 04-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

I'd be most interested in a Hypertech to see what you'd really get.

Old 04-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to see the same test done with a K&N FIPK air intake instead of the Airaid intake. I like the FIPK much better then the Airaid for a lot of reasons (i've had both), but always wondered if actual performance was any different.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:06 PM
KenB

We do alot of testing in the Ford market. The way it usually works is the owner of the car (not always me) get to keep the product which is provided by the manufacturer. The problem is, many manufacturers don't want to do this because it may prove their product worthless. Not looking for freebies, but this does take some time/effort, so if anyone out there wants me to test something and can arrange getting the parts, I'll do it. Obviously I would like to keep the part for the trouble, or at least get it at a very large discount.

I plan on dynoing everytime I do something. I'm planning on a Magnaflow catback next, and then maybe the throttle body.

Old 04-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: KenB
....I plan on dynoing everytime I do something. I'm planning on a Magnaflow catback next, and then maybe the throttle body.
Thanks for offering to do that and posting the results. It'll be a nice addition of information to this forum. We all kinda rely on the butt dyno, so some actual numbers would be nice to see. I had serious plans of dynoing the install of my 1.7 rockers, but the wife is pregnant so it is kinda hard to justify spending money on dyno runs at the moment.

Do you plan to dyno every mod with other mods installed, or each mod installed with everything else stock?

Old 04-26-2006, 03:47 PM
KenB

I'll probably just do each mod as I add it. It would be quite a bit of work to put everything back to stock when getting a new part. Obviously it would be nice. If I were selling the parts (and I could actually make money off all this work!) I might consider it. But I don't have any plans to enter the Dodge market right now, so this is just for fun and also should provide a bit of info more that just the ButtDyno.

Ken

Old 04-26-2006, 05:27 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

it would be better anyway to have all the mods on there so you can see the overall benifit of the mods in combonation.

welcome to DF! I highly recommend the TB from Fastman... I just sold mine to another DF member and noticed a huge drop in power (that also included a roller rocker, & header removal). Everyone who has one bolted up loves it.

Quick Reply: Airaid Dyno results