2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

viper rockers

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:54 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: viper rockers

Yeah, after you pm'd me I researched it a little bit. I was corresponding with a guy on here who's dad owns a speed shop, and he's the one who told me that the stock Magnum rockers were 1.623 (or whatever it was):1. I could not find anythng to support that. Everything I found says 1.6:1. Also the tech who told you that the Viper rockers are 1.6:1 may have been thinking about a regular v-10 because everything I have found says that the Viper rockers are 1.7:1. So it will probably be a good upgrade for the deal you are getting.

One thing though, there have been dyno's run that showed power gains just from straight stamped to roller changeouts, i.e. 1.6:1 stamped rockers to 1.6:1 roller rockers. If you have the extra duckies you may want to consider that for the effort required in changing them.

Quick Reply: viper rockers