2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

antenna removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 04:30 PM
lt1firebirdslp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default antenna removal

has anyone removed the antenna on a 2nd gen before? if so how did you go about doing it? i tried using vise grips on that "nut" and i didnt make any progress, i bought a replacement but the dodge dealer wants 120 bucks to do the replacement. ive been working on cars for quite some time and did my research. i found some tool that you can use to remove that nut but i didnt know if it was possible with just standard hand tools.

Old 05-10-2006, 04:39 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: antenna removal

I just had mine off and i just used a wrench and turned that nut counterclockwise came right off.

Old 05-10-2006, 04:47 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: antenna removal

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC
I just had mine off and i just used a wrench and turned that nut counterclockwise came right off.
Same here...just turned on the "nut" at the bottom of the antenna. Mine came with an incorrect antenna when I bought it (chevy antenna I'm assuming...it wasn't stainless). I took the antenna off an old Dodge 600 we were junking...fit like a glove

Are you trying to remove the antenna? Or the antenna mount? $120 sounds a bit steep to replace just the antenna [>:]

Quick Reply: antenna removal