2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where to get Mopar PCM?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:18 PM
94Champ
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where to get Mopar PCM?

I got mine thru Summit Racing.

Old 05-16-2006, 10:53 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: The Burning Rom

I know the B&G flash and the cam cal flash get rid of it.

I've never found any info that says the MP PCM doesn't have it. But I've also never felt the effects of it in my truck. It could be because of the PCM, or it could be because of the age of my truck. It's pre-electronic transmission. TM may have been something added with ODBII...or with the 46/47RE transmissions. [>:] I'm not sure when it was introduced, and I can't seem to find any info about it in my Powertrain Diagnostics Manual for my 94. [>:]

If it's there...it's very minimal. Not the horrible plague that it is on the 3rd Gen Rams [:'(]
You probably don't have it. Most of the research I have done on it says that it dates back to the 2000 production year. Some of the later model Dodges including some of the 3rd gens have a seperate computer up by the headlights where you can just clip one wire and TM is gone.

Sorry about jacking the thread, but this whole pcm tuning thing gives me a lump.

Old 05-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any other suggestions on were to get a Mopar PCM? I have tried all the performance shops and suppliers I could think of, and my local dealer tells me that his nationwide dealer parts locater shows no dealership in the nation has one left over in stock. If I can't find one, I will have no choice but to get the custom flash, but that is so much more expensive.
Need help please!

Old 05-19-2006, 02:03 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

You can try checking these two sources...if you haven't already. They're all I could find that still have the PCMs listed [>:]

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...tegoryID=43538

http://www.sdpc2000.com/catalog/3337...-Ram-Truck.htm

There's always still eBay...if you're not in a hurry to start pumping in premium

Old 05-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

I'll try those. I found several sites that listed them like these, but when you put in an order, you get an e-mail a little while later saying sorry, part is no longer available. Hopefully one of these will work. Problem is, most of these type internet suppliers don't have their own inventories for everything. You put in an order, and they go get it from Mopar Detroit. That's when they discover that it is no longer available.

Old 05-19-2006, 02:29 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

You could also try calling the Fastman or Hughes. I know they don't sell them, but, given the volume in which they deal with Mopars and people who own or race them, they might know someone whos got one for sale. Just a thought.

Old 05-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Good suggestion. I'll give that a try.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:12 PM
SST_Ram

Try this site, its called Bouchillon performance http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/CLEARANCE.htm. Check out their clearance aisle. They also sale vintage mopar stuff as well. I got mine for my 1998 for $250. A steal considering what Mopar wanted to charge. See if they have any left....Good luck!

Quick Reply: Where to get Mopar PCM?