2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

3 Qs Headlights, oil change, brakes...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 04:11 PM
nmason
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 Qs Headlights, oil change, brakes...

ok, ive been pissed at my headlights for a while now. i seem to have to replace them wayyy too much. every 3 months or so. and those ge nighthawks arent cheap is there anything i could do to prolong the life besides not using them?

also my brakes. i need new ones. front pads and rotors. any suggestion as to what i should put on? i want ceramic pads to help keep the wheels clean. they tend to turn brown with brakedust whilst commuting.

lastly, doing an oil change tomorrow. ive got the V6 in my truck. how much oil do i need?

thanks

Old 05-22-2006, 05:01 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: 3 Qs Headlights, oil change, brakes...

ORIGINAL: nmason

ok, ive been pissed at my headlights for a while now. i seem to have to replace them wayyy too much. every 3 months or so. and those ge nighthawks arent cheap is there anything i could do to prolong the life besides not using them?

also my brakes. i need new ones. front pads and rotors. any suggestion as to what i should put on? i want ceramic pads to help keep the wheels clean. they tend to turn brown with brakedust whilst commuting.

lastly, doing an oil change tomorrow. ive got the V6 in my truck. how much oil do i need?

thanks
Try a different bulb. Maybe it's the nighthawks that are junk Check to make sure your capsules aren't loose.

Ceramic pads will wear on your rotors faster, and also tend to make more noise when braking.

IIRC, 4 qts. of oil with filter change.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Damn, my trucks 9 years and and it still has the factory bulbs in them...

Old 05-23-2006, 01:17 AM
nmason
Veteran

yeah, not the bulbs. also used sylania, generic, and these ricer ones i got at the toronto indy. same deal on all of them. and everything seems nice and tight in there too.

Old 05-23-2006, 04:49 AM
Chopper1
All Star

Sounds like a loose connection/ground. Just replaced my first headlight couple of months ago.

Quick Reply: 3 Qs Headlights, oil change, brakes...