2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: headers

i plan on doing the same, and a friend suggested JBA shorties.

Old 07-02-2006, 03:41 AM
hrspower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a set of JBA's. Very easy to install and look good. Installed a year ago with the factory exhaust manifold gaskets without any leaks.

Old 07-02-2006, 02:01 PM
ljpierce_ely
Veteran

Just installed a set of Gibsons that I bought off of Steve00RAM360. Install wasn't too bad except for the difficulty of getting the new bolts to thread into the heads. Bought a set of STAGE 8 locking bolts and I believe that the difficulty in installing them will be worth it. And yes, you can tell the difference both in power and sound, at least with my Flowmaster!! If you don't want to go through the difficulty of installing the bolts, studs are a viable alternative and would probably be easier to tighten down. Don't know if a set of locking nuts are made for use with studs.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:06 AM
bano

I've put on many-a-header, but never have I been as frustrated putting headers as I have when putting them on my truck, extremely tight, itty bitty turn by itty bitty turn. If you go with headers, spend the extra buck and go with the copper gaskets, believe me, this is not a job you'll want to do again. And I love my edelbrocks, they're not as clean a precise as the others, but you can get a ceramic coated pair for less than a regular polished pair of a different brand. And if you want the best headers for your rig, check out GS motorsports, hands down the best.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:37 PM
ripto
Captain

time for me to pop in and ask what are the advantages of getting new headers? (I know nothing about them, as a matter of fact, I knew nothing until I started coming to these forums when I bought my truck and since then by asking all these questions I've learned a lot ).

Old 07-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Tani1500
Champion

well i desided im going to be different from all of you and get some hooker truck force headers.

Quick Reply: headers