2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ideas???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 08:07 PM
mikerados21
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideas???

Well truck got out of the shop.. WOO HOO. It was one of the spark plug wires that was making it run like crap. A rotor and the distributor cap was completely burnt. Why didnt they replace it when i got a tune up? I dont know... They replaced all wires and a sensor. The check engine light went off. YES!!! But the BRAKE light and the ABS light is still on. Im going to go get a whole new brake job. Also i heard about the cats rattling. Mines doing it.... cause ever since i got my exhaust on something rattled by it and its not the exhaust cause i checked... Also something else that was a biatch was my idler was not set right cause i took my ****ty turbo off and undid the battery and he told me my computer would learn to set the idle back up after about 50-75 starts. so im cruisin around town hit a stop sign and bam truck shuts down... lol it was gay but after a while it picked back up... I also really need to learn to keep my foot off the gas. Ive been racing people alot now since my truck runs great! Well the ideas i need is what rims and tires should i get? I really dont know but someone told me American Racing were good rims... I wanna get 20's or 22's on mine preferrably chrome. Im not tryin to be a pimp im wanting it too look clean. Also i am getting pics here in 45 mins... Also how much do u think it would be for a shop to put on my fastman TB? cause it came in. And the K&N FIKP wont be hard to put on. Also im getting those R/T heads ive been hearing about pretty soon next paycheck! Well does it sound like you all put me in the right direction?? Thnx i wouldve never made it off the block if it werent for u dodge maniacs. This is my first dodge my family has owned... By the way I got to drive one of those DODGE SRT 10's yeah is it me or do those things have too much power. cause when i floored it from a dead stop i really couldnt stop spinning forever. THey are NICE!!! Cheers people~!

Old 06-09-2006, 12:16 AM
miknwv
Veteran
Default RE: Ideas???

Want to see a clean lookin truck? https://dodgeforum.com/m_482501/tm.htm

Old 06-10-2006, 10:55 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also how much do u think it would be for a shop to put on my fastman TB? cause it came in. And the K&N FIKP wont be hard to put on. Also im getting those R/T heads ive been hearing about pretty soon next paycheck! Well does it sound like you all put me in the right direction?? Thnx i wouldve never made it off the block if it werent for u dodge maniacs. This is my first dodge my family has owned...
Welcome to the Dodge Community!

Your FASTMAN TB, if new should of come with detailed instructions on how to install it as well as a new tb gasket and an S bolt.
Rather than pay someone I would suggest installing it yourself. It is very easy install and a good way to become familiar with your new truck. With the money you would pay to have it installed you can buy yourself a good set of metric/standard sockets. Be sure to get a set that also includes the metric/standard allen sockets, torx and screwdriver bits(or purchase seperately). Also need a can of throttlebody cleaner to clean off the iac plunger(sensor attached on backside of tb) and a scraper incase some of the gasket residue needs cleaning off the beerbarrel (intake manifold).

If its used and no instructions let me know.

May want to look at the Hughes HD heads. They are a bit less than the RT 202 heads and flow a few more cfm
http://www.hughesengines.com/partRes...ID=10&pType=CH

By the way I got to drive one of those DODGE SRT 10's yeah is it me or do those things have too much power.
No, just you Looking forward to lining one up at the track this year

Old 06-11-2006, 03:58 AM
556fmj
Professional

cool man. I'm glad you got stuff figured out! I agree with indy... put on that throttle body yourself. It may sound like a big deal, but don't fret, just work slow, and if you have a digital camera, take some before shots and during shots incase you get lost (I had to use a polaroid when I was your age... man I feel old). As for the R/T's... they are awesome, but expensive. Check into the Hughes heavy duty heads. www.hughesengines.com they are cheaper, and flow just as much out of the box, there just isn't as much meat in the ports to do heavy porting... but they should be fine for your 5.2. The FIPK, even working slow, shouldn't take more than a couple hours, and you should be impressed with the results. Sounds like you are having a blast with your truck... that's what it's for man! Enjoy!

Quick Reply: Ideas???