2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Call for help - cruise control not shifting down

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 11:37 PM
curtishall
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Call for help - cruise control not shifting down

I'm leaving in 12 hours for my wife and I's first vacation. I've spent the past two days changing plugs, wires, cap and distributor. I also changed the TPS as it was "surging" with the cruise control. I reset the PCM after changing the TPS out.

When I'm driving and I set the cruise control to 70 and I go up a hill the RPM jumps from 2000 to 2800ish (normal - acceleration), however instead of shifting back down it just stays at 2800 and never shifts back like it normally does.

*Any* suggestions? I'm leaving very very soon and need to get this working

Old 06-11-2006, 03:43 AM
556fmj
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Call for help - cruise control not shifting down

Mine did that, check the kickdown cable for the trans. There's a little black plastic square deal with clips, mine came out of the metal bracket at the back of the intake manifold, just yanked it back up and pried the little plastic tabs up a bit (don't break em!). I also had an issue with it getting out of o/d in cruise, but that was a vacuum problem.

Quick Reply: Call for help - cruise control not shifting down