2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TV cable

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 02:21 PM
pirranah
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TV cable

so i tinkered around with the TV and didn't like the outcome so i put things back to normal and lost 2nd gear. when i'm driving normal it shifts fine, just stays in 1st till 3500. when i'm doing 45mph and give it gas to shift into 2nd it skips and goes to 1st. also if i put it in 2 manually it won't go to 2nd it goes to 1st and seems like it's in N, just revving. my tranny's strong no slipping or anything like that, it burns the tires and shifts hard.

wtf did i screw up?

Old 06-12-2006, 03:06 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: TV cable

check the condition of that white clip you removed to adjust the cable,, when i was monkeying with mine and removing it and putting it back on a few times, i broke the clip and it would allow the housing of the cable (part that you adjust) to slip a little and made my tranny really pissed off..

they dont sell the clip by itself .. you have to buy a new TV cable, my dealer ran me 45 bux for the cable and the clip came with the cable.

hope this helps!

Old 06-12-2006, 03:23 PM
pirranah
Veteran

does that cable come adjusted to stock or do you have to put it on then adjust it?

Old 06-12-2006, 04:30 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Basically you adjust itto where there is no extra slop or excessive tension. IMO it's best to err on the sie of having just a bit of tension. Did you mark the original position before you started? In the manual in the Merry Christmas thread, the ajustment procedure is outlined.

Quick Reply: TV cable