2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Thought I had a big problem with the Ram

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:55 PM
brute98
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thought I had a big problem with the Ram

Today I went to deliver a load of metal to the recyclers. Had the truck loaded up real good and started heading down. I do a right turn then a metal drawer comes flying apart in the bed. No biggie, just added another strap and voila. I go to drive off and the loudest, most terrible grinding sound starts to come from under the truck. I was like "please don't be my differential, PLEASE" It sounded like a ceased bearing and marbles in a soda can so I was starting to think $$$$ in the RAM [:@]. I drive a little further and pulled over so my helper and I could take a good look under the truck. WTF happened I just did a slow turn?! [>:]

Well, turns out a metal rail from the drawer went flying in between the cab/box and wedged itself between the gas tank and the driveshaft! It was toasty from all the friction when I removed it. I was relieved it was only that.. made a nice shiny ring on the driveshaft [&:]. Doesn't seem to be out of balance and drives good. It was a close call.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:23 PM
MGDMike
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thought I had a big problem with the Ram

Dang! I could only imagine the hellish noise that came from that happening! Glad it was only the drawer man.

Quick Reply: Thought I had a big problem with the Ram