2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical problem !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 01:02 AM
hawkeyedodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problem !!

Ok, My buddy Josh and I are complete idiots when it comes to electrical crap. He was putting his CD player back in his Ram, I beleive its a 99 or 2000, and when he went to power it on there was nothing. Now he has no dome lights, no power mirros and no radio. He's searched all the fuses and found nothing blown. We looked through the 2000-20001 shop manual (christmas present) and didnt find anything we understood either. Anyone have any suggestions on things he can check?

thanks
JIM

Old 06-13-2006, 02:39 AM
brute98
Professional
Default RE: Electrical problem !!

probably the ground wire.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:51 AM
Chopper1
All Star

Is the system factory or are there wiring changes for a different system. Why was it out.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:40 PM
hawkeyedodge
Professional

I cant remember what the Deck is, I beleive Pioneer. Its aftermarket though. He had it out to clean it and he said when he got it all back in and tried to power it on there was nothing, and thats when he noticed his dome lights and his power mirrors werent working. Is there a relay or anything under the hood that all three of those would tie into?

Old 06-13-2006, 10:22 PM
brute98
Professional

IIRC there are 2 bundles of wire and a seperate black wire which is the ground, it's easy to miss because it's not part of a harness. That particular ground point is shared with other systems. It's been a while since I did the stereo so I could be wrong, but I had a similar problem.

EDIT: Also make sure the antenna connector is plugged in the back of the deck, it may have something to do with it, as odd as that seems. Some Pioneers (Premiere line) don't work properly without the antenna [&:]

Quick Reply: Electrical problem !!