2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

96 Ram 1500.Pulled codes,PO711 and 783 Trans Codes??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 01:18 AM
ChaoticBastard
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Ram 1500.Pulled codes,PO711 and 783 Trans Codes??

I pulled my codes tonight just for the heck of it.I didnt have a CE light or anything and the truck has been running well.The codes that came up were generic codes.
Code 711 Transmission fluid temp sensor Range/performance
Code 783 3-4 Shift Malfunction

????Im unsure if a sensor is reading wrong or something is ready to go in the trans?It seems to be shifting fine.The fluid is kinda red but not burnt.It doesnt slip or misshift.The only thing that has been happening to me and it started yesterday was this
I will go to start it and it take alot longer for it to officially start.It will crank and crank then fire,If the truck is warm and I restart it right away it fires right up.I dont know any suggestions??

Old 06-17-2006, 01:38 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: 96 Ram 1500.Pulled codes,PO711 and 783 Trans Codes??

Have you had any codes set (or CELs) lately that went away?

These could have been temporarily set at some point. The factory PCM stores every code that's been set in memory for 55 (I think) start cycles before it clears the code completely. Of course you can clear the codes yourself with a scanner or by unhooking your battery.

If you're worried about them, you can uhook your battery and reset the PCM and see if they come back.

Old 06-17-2006, 01:46 AM
ChaoticBastard
Rookie
Default RE: 96 Ram 1500.Pulled codes,PO711 and 783 Trans Codes??

I have had the truck for 2 weeks and never had a CEL.It isnt acting funny but I do have a very slight whine in reverse.Im sure maybe it was a code set awhile back.Im not to concerned about it.But with this whine ,and it only does it in reverse .A few people told me to get the fluid changed and add a bottle of TransTune?by seafoam.Couple people have said that it cleaned the valves and there whine went away and it shifted better.Im going to change out the trans fluid next week and see what happens.I have 117K on the truck

Quick Reply: 96 Ram 1500.Pulled codes,PO711 and 783 Trans Codes??