2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

suspension ideas/questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 04:11 PM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension ideas/questions

alright... i have 3 inch spacers right now and am looking for a 6 inch lift.. i was looking around and decided that it would just be cheaper to make it myself... so what all is needed for a 6 inch suspension lift?? (keep in mind im reusing my 3 inch spacers)..
-3 inch coil springs
-6 inch drop track bar bracket
-6 inch drop pitman arm
-6 inch swaybar drop brackets
-new upper and lower control arms for a 6 inch lift
-new shocks for a 6 inch lift

and thats just for the front.. i've found and bookmarked the 3 inch skyjacker coils, trackbar bracket, drop pitman arm, and the swaybar drop brackets but i really cant find the upper and lower control arms anywhere! is there anything else i would need for the front end of the truck so i can fit 3 inch coils (6 inch lift)???

Old 06-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Tani1500
Champion
Default RE: suspension ideas/questions

i would call skyjacker and i think they can make a kit for you with everything you need in it. anyway if you want to go the cheap route. pick up a skyjacker drop trac bar bracket. 5in skyjacker arms and relocation bracket. ive heard you can just drill out the pitman arm because the only difference is its tapered the other way. sway bar drop brackets you can make yourself out of like 2 inch C channel. ill take pics and measurements of mine so you can see. also if your shocks are still good. you can go the route of shock tower eliminator plate. just remove the shock tower and put a plate across it and you can use the shocks you have.

Old 06-24-2006, 04:39 PM
GOD RAM IT
Record Breaker

I make the shock tower eliminater plates.
I would just do as Tani said. put the taper on the bottom side of the pitman, use 5" control arms ( I will have a set of lowers in a month or so), dont get a Skyjoker trac bar do it right and get a thuren or DT.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:33 AM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker

can someone make a list for me of everything needed?? and where i can get it from??

Quick Reply: suspension ideas/questions