2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Might really leave...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 12:45 AM
4DrMopar
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Might really leave...

Well, there are a few bids, though no one has hit teh reserve yet.. looks like the truck might really leave.... anyone here have any expreaince with Subaru Imprezza's? 2.5RS's? the GC8 bodystyle?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMESE%3AIT

Old 06-25-2006, 12:58 AM
Tani1500
Champion
Default RE: Might really leave...

well good luck man, JW whats your reserve at? also if it doesnt sell this time. i would pick up a few rattle cans and paint the rust under the truck. thats a big turn off to alot of people.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:23 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Tani1500
i would pick up a few rattle cans and paint the rust under the truck. thats a big turn off to alot of people.
Agreed.

Rust is definitely a big turn off for me. But I knew it was out there. That's why I only looked at southern trucks when I bought mine. My '94 has a little rust on the rear axle and leafs where some paint has flaked. The frame and driveshaft are also rusty, but they didn't come painted from the factory (at least not in '94). That's it for cancer. My truck is 12 years old, and looks better than most 5 year old trucks around here once you crawl underneath [8D]

Good luck selling it. I hope it hits your reserve. Have fun with the Subaru

Old 06-25-2006, 01:30 AM
4DrMopar
Captain

Reserve is abotu 9600 or so.... the rust ya saw was jsut where paint flaked on the rear etc... its CLEAN underneath, not cuase I pressure washed it lol, just cause its never been wheeled or abused.... I'd have put 35's on, but, I couldnt seeit as I hardly drive it as it is....

Old 06-25-2006, 02:08 AM
556fmj
Professional

my girlfriend has a 2.5 rs... I don't know what body style number it is though... it's the older version, with the skinnier headlights. She loves it, and I love to drive it. It's easy to mod and gets great mileage.

Old 06-25-2006, 10:02 PM
ChaoticBastard
Rookie

Guess your keepin it..Sorry to see it didnt go.Very nice rig though

Old 06-25-2006, 10:11 PM
ChaoticBastard
Rookie

ORIGINAL: The Burning Rom

ORIGINAL: Tani1500
i would pick up a few rattle cans and paint the rust under the truck. thats a big turn off to alot of people.
Agreed.

Rust is definitely a big turn off for me. But I knew it was out there. That's why I only looked at southern trucks when I bought mine. My '94 has a little rust on the rear axle and leafs where some paint has flaked. The frame and driveshaft are also rusty, but they didn't come painted from the factory (at least not in '94). That's it for cancer. My truck is 12 years old, and looks better than most 5 year old trucks around here once you crawl underneath [8D]

Good luck selling it. I hope it hits your reserve. Have fun with the Subaru
To be honest its better people dont hide anything even rust with paint.Thats a turn off for me.I like seeing what I might have to attend to later.

Old 06-25-2006, 10:13 PM
4DrMopar
Captain

Nope relisted..... big price drop too... I CANT keep it, I jsut got teh first $150 a week fine at the house today....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290001726283

Old 06-25-2006, 10:42 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: mdoffroad
Nope relisted..... big price drop too... I CANT keep it, I jsut got teh first $150 a week fine at the house today....
Nothing against your or your choices, but if it were me...I'd be looking for a different house [:'(]

One in a neighborhood where they don't try to tell me what I can and can't do on my own property. [&:] Then again, I have 6 vehicles...I'd never make it in a place like that. [8D]

Good luck with the re-list.

To be honest its better people dont hide anything even rust with paint.Thats a turn off for me.I like seeing what I might have to attend to later.
If it's body rust, I'd agree with you. But the rust he has is surface rust (axle, springs. etc). Cleaning it up with a wire brush and painting it would do some good, and wouldn't require the new owner to really do anything in the near future.

Old 06-25-2006, 11:37 PM
4DrMopar
Captain

moved back home a while back to save cash.. soooo, not my choice of places ,but, its cheap and its their house, so gotta abide till get a rooomie and move out again...

Quick Reply: Might really leave...