2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front hubs

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:39 PM
chief0299
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front hubs

Anyone have any ideas as to how long the front hubs on 2x's last on average? I've got an 01 with about 125,000 and the front left seems like it may have started making a zinging sound. Most likely it is just the metal tabs that the pads ride on, but... at almost $200 a piece from the dealer (cause nobody else has them yet) is insane! I'm going to put the truck on jacks again and shake down the front end just to be sure.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:36 AM
vsraptor
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front hubs

well let me tell you a story ......a good story.........I had 65,000 on my 2000. Sarted hearning a noise from the front end. checked tie rods checked this that and the other. then i started looking for rocks in tires. didnt see any thing. Thought well , maybe ill take the tires off and check behind wheel. got one side up and off, nothing. Test dove it and sound was still there. Came back going to jack up other side and check........well i jacked the tire off the ground and the whole damn thing all but fell off in my lap. Got it apart and yes the wheel bearings was shot. called stealership.......$160 for wheel hub asembly. Then i found salvage yard that could get one for $50. So far so good.

Quick Reply: Front hubs