2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new spark plug wires help

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:06 PM
2big2dodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new spark plug wires help

ok i bought some new premium wires(blue ones,oh yea) and they came like disassembled and i need to know how to put them together.one end has boots on already and the other dont.they gave me boots, and then 2 types of metal like covers or something i dunno what u would call them.how do i put them together please, i wanna get this done.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:12 PM
livinginh
Veteran
Default RE: new spark plug wires help

Sned them back and buy the prefited ones. I got the blue 8mm Taylor wires for mine. I hate the make it your self ones, you have to messure out the right length for each one, then cut them down. Then you will slide the straight boots over the wire and then strip them down to the core, and fold over the core wire(will be more like a cloth filiment) to were it lays about a 1/8 inch to a quarter inch over the outside of the wire covering. Then slide your straight metal connector over that and crimp it closed.(Best to have a spark plug wire crimper). Then slide the boot back over the connector and your ready to go to the next one. I never think they are as good as prefitted ones, and alot more work. Good luck!

Old 07-15-2006, 08:18 PM
94Champ
Professional
Default RE: new spark plug wires help

I agree, send em back and get an already made set, Taylor's are great wires also. If you keep the universal set leave a few extra inches on each wire as everytime you change plugs you will be repairing the wires and connectors that have pulled apart

Quick Reply: new spark plug wires help