2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

front end clunk/popping

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 08:02 PM
sawdust2
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: front end clunk/popping

It's been awhile since this thread but I have to say that the problem is gone! It's too bad I don't know what was doing it in the first place but it is gone and I'm happy. And a little weirded out because everything happens for a reason and I might never know what it was.

Maybe a bunch of new parts getting worked in, I don't know. But one more problem gone! Hoorah!

Old 12-08-2006, 08:12 PM
nateblong
Professional

Dude why would u lift a 2wd... thats just silly

Old 09-22-2009, 08:55 AM
melessa81

Has anyone thought about checking the brake booster and rebleeding the brakes. It's seemed to solve a problem I had.

Old 09-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nateblong
Dude why would u lift a 2wd... thats just silly
you know, as I was reading this I was expecting someone to say this...... dont really understand how its silly since like a third of the lifted trucks out there never actually see any offroading they just do it for looks and its usually easier and cheaper to get that look on a 2wd....silly? not really no more than a fake hood scoop, bolt in roll bar in the bed or loud exhaust on a stock 5.2 engine... not that I would do it but to each his own I guess....

Old 09-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

whats wrong with loud exhaust on a stock 5.2?

Old 09-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion

Nothing in my opinion.....But you could just as easily say its silly just like lifting a 2wd....usually a loud exhaust has some purpose and gives the idea that there's something mean under the hood.....an opinionated person could argue that someone who makes their stock 5.2 sound like a built up racecar is just as much of a poser as the lifted 2wd owner ....or the guy with the fake hood scoop or the fake roll bar that wont to dick to help you if you roll over.....or the even most of the bull bars out there for that matter that would crumple like foil and wire under an actual impact..... My point was just for some to think about this stuff before they get on their high horse and mock others who dont share their view on something.... could be worse...he could have lowered it....and thrown low profile tires on it and apparently insulted a whole lot more people...

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 09-22-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i don't have anything bad to say about guys that lift their 2wd trucks. a guy put a post on her a long time ago that was something along the lines of "now that my 2wd is lifted i don't smack my head on the roof when getting in any more." he lifted his 3" i believe.

2wd rams do sit a little too low for someone over 6ft. if you look at the 2wd chevys or fords, their roofs aren't as low as a 2wd ram.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion

It wasnt directed at everyone?....Just making a point to the opinionated few is all.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:02 PM
townsley4
Veteran

hey, just saw this thread. so you never did figure out what that popping noise was huh? mine has the exact same sound. i can feel it int he steering wheel and ont he floor and peddles. mostly when im turning or going over some bumps and lower speeds. thats funny how it just stopped happening on yours i also had new ball joints. u-joints, steerign stabalizer, and shocks. and its going in for an alignment thursday. im still curious as to what it is because it is rather annoying. and also curious to how it just stopped lol.

Old 09-23-2009, 06:59 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Grab the bottom of your steering shaft right where it comes out of the firewall under the brake booster,and see if it moves up and down or sideways.

Quick Reply: front end clunk/popping