2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Shaker Hood

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 04:06 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Shaker Hood

i think that it looks great...and from those pictures, it looks functional...but if the functional part is indeed extra, 1000 bucks is alot of money for a part that doesnt do anything.

my other concern..if it IS functional, i question the safety of it if caught in a hard rain...

Old 08-04-2006, 04:28 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BadStratRT
i think that it looks great...and from those pictures, it looks functional...but if the functional part is indeed extra, 1000 bucks is alot of money for a part that doesnt do anything.

my other concern..if it IS functional, i question the safety of it if caught in a hard rain...
All I know is I've seen it listed on some websites as needing the "optional" kit to make it functional. You'd have to contact the place you're purchasing it from to see what it all includes.

Either way, 1000 + the cost of paint is a lot for an item that's more appearance than performance in my opinion. The only reason I ever bought a fiberglass hood (for my 99 Grand Prix) is because a friend of mine hit a deer with my car, and I needed a new hood anyway. I paid the difference ($300) between the OEM hood and the glass hood and ended up with a really nice looking hood. I drilled the hole to make mine "functional" but didn't hook an intake up to it (I have a FWI). I just drilled the hole to let more air into the engine bay.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:29 AM
Dtruck96
Professional

I bought the hood from stylin concepts a couple months ago. Cost me 1300 with shipping but i live in alaska. Havent got a chance to put in on yet being i am in Iraq. But the kit comes with everything to make it functional. it might also cost a little more to paint because it is fiberglass. The sport truck magazine did a story on putting one on a dakota a couple months back. You can still look it up on there website. It gives a step by step install. I have some pics my wife took when it got to the house if anyone is interested.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Big_N_Bad
Professional

yea dtruck, that would be cool to see pics on your truck when ya get back, youll have to let us know how hard it was to install for the shade tree mechanic, thanks alot, oh do you like you buchwaker fender flares, I think they look good and are a quality piece but i dont think they are worth what i paid for mine, Sorry to get off topic,

BNB

Quick Reply: Shaker Hood