2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP! Aamco says tranny is fine (but I think they're wrong)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 04:56 PM
alcedo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP! Aamco says tranny is fine (but I think they're wrong)

Have a '99 5.9 4x4. Tranny rebuilt by a reputable shop. They put the wrong ATF in and tryed to bring it up with conditioner or some crap. I took it to the dealer, had the entire treanny evacuated including TC , filter change and bands checked, filled with Mopar +4 and have had no issues in 4 months.......including a 700 mi round trip to the Keys pulling a 5000 LB boat. Also had the rear end fluid changed to the heavy synthetic stuff reccomended for towing. All this was 300.00 well spent dollars....I watched them do it.........
Since that issue I had the penium gasket done ! No more oil usage or pinging ! I actually like this truck now.........

Old 08-10-2006, 09:01 PM
kayakman
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP! Aamco says tranny is fine (but I think they're wrong)

Dextron Bad!--------Mercon Bad!--------- Aamco Very Bad!
Get that changed and make them drink that stuff.
AFT+3/4 TRANSMISSION FLUID IS ONLY LICENCES TO TWO OR THREE OIL PRODUCERS AND IS THE ONLY FLUID RECOMMENDED BY CHRYSLER.
Cheers
KayakMan

Quick Reply: HELP! Aamco says tranny is fine (but I think they're wrong)