2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:37 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

Rear Brake Line on Driver's Side?? *REVISED with Parts List*

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 08:11 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'll be replacing my hardline to the rear seeing as its leaking. Finally rusted through on me. Just bumping this thread up to the top since maybe someone will have something helpful to contribute

Old 06-01-2009, 09:35 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know if they sell the hardlines already pre-bent? I don't really mind bending them myself but it would save me some time if there are like "ready fit" ones.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:28 AM
DJ54
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake line failure

I'm hoping it will bring this thread back to the top...

Last week I had a brake line failure on my '96 Ram 3500. Wouldn't be so bad, but it only has 65,000 original miles. Yep, it's the one to the rear. Rusted out in the holding clip, up behind the fuel tank.

This is a Grandpa's truck. Spent most of it's winters in Florida, used to pull a 5th wheel, until they decided to buy a place. They sold it to their son here in Ohio, who in turn decided it was too much truck, for what he really needed. He in turn sold it to another man, to pull a 5th wheel trailer. Never got the chance, due to his mother in laws, and wife's ill health, and had to sell.

I bought it to pull my gooseneck horse trailers. In the three years I've owned it, it has never seen salt on the highway. I park it for the winter. All previous owners were very meticulous in keeping it clean, and has been through car washes, with underbody washes. Underneath is practically spotless, except the crappy brake lines.

I found this thread looking for others that may have had the same problem. Apparently quite a few..!! I did file a complaint through the above link. I checked to see how many others have done the same. Sad to say only 2 or 3, to respective model years.

Guys, it only takes 5 minutes to fill it out. For what we pay for vehicles today, and what upper management makes at the "Big 3", I'm thinking they need to take a pay cut, and install better quality components on their vehicles. We supposedly put a man on the moon back in '69, but yet they cannot put stainless steel brake lines ( is there something better..??) on vehicles. In my notion, one of the most important components on a vehicle. Especially in some of the A-hole places they decide to run them. ie: up behind the fuel tank.

I love the truck, just hate seeing things like this, where they cut corners for profit. And remember, we just bailed them out, to continue to do so...

Old 08-11-2018, 09:16 AM
xrblazer29

94RAM1500 I know this an old thread but is you truck long or short bed?

Old 08-14-2018, 01:14 PM
V65Ozzie
Professional

Before I bought the truck I have, I looked at one on a used lot. It was rough, needed tires, panels etc etc. But it ran great. They were asking 4G's. I pointed out that I could get a better truck for less, but I test drove it anyway. On the test drive the brake line broke in this exact spot. I lowballed them, offering 500. Nope. A week later I pulled up in my newer, cleaner, cheaper truck, just to prove a point.

Quick Reply: Rear Brake Line on Driver's Side?? *REVISED with Parts List*