2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering problems (PIC)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006 | 02:16 PM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Default RE: Steering problems (PIC)

at least you have photos to use in your lawsuit.

Old 08-16-2006 | 08:59 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Don't ditch AAA cause of this. They just contract out people to do the work for them since it'd be rediculas for them to have a tow truck to cover all the roads in the country

Old 08-17-2006 | 04:53 PM
ljpierce_ely
Veteran

I drove Tow Truck for 7 years before I became a Correctional Officer and I got to tell you, the operator of that truck must have been the LAZIEST (expletive) it has been my displeasure to witness.

A wheel lift unit can be used for many things, including tire changing if used properly with the proper FRAME LIFT attachments, but this is NOT the way it should have been done. Not by a long shot. Most tow trucks are equipped with 3-5 ton floor/bottle jacks and that is what they are for, Tire Changing! But using a Frame lift to change a tire is still not something I would have done.

My recommendation since you have the photo, would be to go to the towing company, with your photo(s), along with the repair documentation, and see if you can prove to the company owner the damage that was done. If you can't get any satisfaction going that route, ratchet it up a level and file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Tow companies are like any other company. They don't want negative publicity or complaints made public.

As for the damage done, I wish I could help you but it looks like you are getting plenty of great advice already in that regard.

Good luck!

Old 08-19-2006 | 05:45 PM
Aperture_Disaster

(copied and pasted from my reply on pavementsucks.com)

Good news and a happy ending!!!

Thanks all for your support. AAA has agreed to pay for the damages. Here is where it gets really cool... my mechanic knows i like to work on my truck if i can do the job. He offered(i took him up on this) to let me use his shop to do my repairs and bill AAA from. So not only did they pay for my repairs but they paid me to do the work!!

I replaced the track bar, steering gear and a steering rod maybe the connecting rod?(not sure its technical name) and the ball joints. The truck will get aligned monday but wow, its a new truck. Doing all this we billed AAA for $65 an hour and it took me 7 hours...On Friday AAA mailed me a check for all the parts and labor

Its not too often you get paid to work on your own truck (at least this is my first time) .

Thanks to all of you for your support.

-on a side note can you beleive moog ball joints for my truck were 500 bucks for all four?[:'(]

Old 08-19-2006 | 05:57 PM
shott8283

Holy crap dude.. i think im gonna go get AAA monday.. hehehehe what a hook up dude... cant complain out that... glad to see fellas have happy endings during a time of dismay

Quick Reply: Steering problems (PIC)