2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lift kit and wheel ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:10 PM
mikeymike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kit and wheel ??

I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 4 by 4 1500. I was wondering if anyone has bought a 2 inch leveling kit for their truck. If so, is it expensive to put on? Also, I am looking for a set of wheels ( i think they are 17" alloy) they are 5 spoke but they dent in sorda deep dish like. Anyone selling or know where I can find a place to purchase them?
Thanks mike

Old 08-23-2006, 01:07 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lift kit and wheel ??

Several people here have installed leveling kits.

As far as deep dish rims, there are several places online you could get rims. Go to google and do a search. It's hard to tell somewhere where to go to get rims, because different places have different rims.....and it's hard to know what someone's taste is when looking at rim.s

17" 5 spoke is VERY unspecific [&:]

Old 08-23-2006, 01:14 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: lift kit and wheel ??

this is my truck with the 2" level and 315/75/R16's 5 spoke "kinda" deep dish.. backspacing is 4" as aposed to the stock 4.5" i got my rims off ebay brand new factory rejects (cosmetic blemishes) and were damn near perfect ...to install the levling kit.. all you need is a good jack and good jack stands.. a 15MM wrench (IIRC) to take off the shock towers.. and swap in the levling kit.. and bolt it back together.. i used a spring compresser to make things go a little easier but alot of guys didnt use it nor needed it..

hope this helps!

Quick Reply: lift kit and wheel ??