2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

pads and rotors???

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:12 PM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: pads and rotors???

ORIGINAL: Green Machine

Go buy Duralast Gold pads from Autozone...they may not be the "best," but you'll never have to buy pads again. They come with a lifetime warranty. Just take the worn ones in and they'll give you a new set every time.

Sorry, but that sounds like a losing porpositon to me. I had a friend of mine that kept replacing "lifetime" starters from autozonein his 79 Trans Am. Trouble is HE had to replace them, after the 4th or 5th one he bought a high dollar replacement, no trouble since then.
brakes are supposed to wear, a started really isnt a wearable part....

btw did you decide to blow your grand on that retarded brake setup you posted?

Old 04-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Green Machine

Yes they are.

I was asking about the system in that link. What makes it "retarded"?
What would be you level of expertise to make such a call?

Old 04-21-2008, 09:46 PM
RamItOne

retarded
ORIGINAL: greenmachine

Here is a brake upgrade I am looking at (package C).I looked at Baer but no luck. These are EGR Performance. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with this company? Any other suggestions?

00-01$723.84 $982.15

Package A: Consists of one pair of either Gas Slotted or Cross Drilled Rotors, Carbon Kevlar Pads and 2 liters of Hi-Temp Motul ABS 5.1 Brake Fluid

Package B: Consists of a pair of Super Duty Blue Printed front calipers plus Package A.

Package C: Carbon Kevlar Rear Shoes and Wheel Cylinders or Rear Pads + Package A & B.
youre looking at spending a grand on brakes, yet youre gonna keep your crappy single piston caliper fronts, and your spending money on your rear brakes which provide very little in the way of stopping power... lets not hijack this thread, reply on your orig thread...

Old 04-22-2008, 02:45 AM
Green Machine

quote:

ORIGINAL: greenmachine

Here is a brake upgrade I am looking at (package C).I looked at Baer but no luck. These are EGR Performance. Was wondering if anyone had any experience with this company? Any other suggestions?

00-01$723.84 $982.15

Package A: Consists of one pair of either Gas Slotted or Cross Drilled Rotors, Carbon Kevlar Pads and 2 liters of Hi-Temp Motul ABS 5.1 Brake Fluid

Package B: Consists of a pair of Super Duty Blue Printed front calipers plus Package A.

Package C: Carbon Kevlar Rear Shoes and Wheel Cylinders or Rear Pads + Package A & B.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know where you got this but I didn't post it.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:37 PM
RamItOne

haha lol, looks like theres another guy named greenmachine...
https://dodgeforum.com/m_1280370/tm.htm

Old 04-23-2008, 01:02 AM
Green Machine

D' oh, looks like I may have to amend my user name.
I'm just lookingfor the cheapupgrade over stock, for the front only (back will stay drums).
As we all know stock is always a compromise (cost vs quality) and it's usually not to hard to beat.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:19 AM
RamItOne

well the worst thing bout yalls stockers are that they are single piston calipers.... you may look to see if you can find a deal on dual piston calipers...

Quick Reply: pads and rotors???