2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 09:39 PM
frustratedguyfrom ma
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Problems

You guys are all awesome. I can't believe how busy this forum is with knowledgable people. Thanks already for all the answers you've given to me. I thought since I was making payments and not driving rust buckets anymore I was past all this crap now and I've forgotten more than I remember since I last had to deal with this. Think I'm going to go with the alternator in the morning and wish from there. Called Auto Zone, my battery is still under warranty so I'm all set there if there is a problem. I'm positive its not the starter, I've dealt with enough of those to not forget. If the alternator and battery don't work I'll replace the solenoid. If that doesnt work, I'll be wire hunting I guess... smoke though? That caught my attention. I don't and never did smell electrical smoke now that I think of it, and I remember how distinct a smell that was. It's possible that I'm mistaken and the starting of the engine twice to check the alternator how I said used up all the batterys juice. Again, thanks everyone. You've given me some direction and confirmed some things I need to check.

Quick Reply: Problems