2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck finally is gonna get its way

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Black97Sport
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck finally is gonna get its way

Well...it finally did it...took a poopsie on me and its gonna get its way now [:-]The other week I was driving and all of a suddon the truck got HOT fast, I noticed this and pulled off the road and shut her down, fluids look ok, maybe the water was a touch low, but nothing crazy. So started the truck up and its still hot, I drove/coasted to try to get home, about 5 miles away. Kept staying hot, then would get cool when I turned it off, then out of the blue it went back to normal temps. Since then I drove the truck like 70 miles with no problems, then today out of the blue on my way home from running errands the volts gauge was low, and after a while the gen. light came on. WTF....make it home ok, pop the hood, and antifreeze is spraying everywhere with a very fine mist....and this is with the truck off. So I turn it on to try to find where its leaking and I really cant tell, it was getting on the alt. causing my volts gauge to read low cause the wet alt. So I turn the truck off, grab something to lay on the ground and look more, and now it is just pouring out antifreeze in a constant stream. I still couldnt get a full jist on where it was coming from, but it wasnt the upper rad hose for sure, Im thinking h20 pump and thermostat(think the thermo. stuck the day it got hot then back to cool) or something around that.

So the truck is getting its way now...its gonna get a few fuel filter, air filter, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, water pump, fluids, thermo, plenum gasket is going to be replaced as well, Im going to order the kit and have it done right since Its needed to be done for a LONG time now....plus it needs new tires Oh what joy...but when all said and done, its gonna be ready for winter and be in great shape! Thanks for listing to my rant

Old 09-02-2006, 01:01 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: Truck finally is gonna get its way

You could go get a cooling system presure tester from a load a tool place. Will let you presureize the system with the engine off and see where its leaking from and how fast the leak is.

Old 09-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Black97Sport
Professional

its the water pump...totally took a dump....coolent just runs out of the bottom of the pump, seems like the bearing is no longer even in there....its toast...trucks gonna get all done with new stuff

Old 09-05-2006, 01:16 AM
AWD DSM 1

Do a compression test too, just to make sure the head gaskets didn't take a crap on you, It's worth the time to find out before you spend a lot of money on the rest of the stuff.

Quick Reply: Truck finally is gonna get its way