2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Broken band

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 10:31 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Broken band

Went to do some service to my tranny today and to my surprise I find a huge chunk of molded metal attached to my magnet, did a little research and found out that its the adjuster that pushes against the front band, looking a little deeper I found that where it attaches is gone also, which happens to be part of the band.

Amazingly enough the tranny still shifts, except that it skips 2nd gear, which explains what I thought to be a rough shift. I will drive till it drops but in the meantime will order my new APS. I cannot really complain as the truck has 180,000+ on this orginal tranny and no problems till now.

I am fortunate to have a private tranny shop just down the road that specializes in Dodge tranny's, so an install isnt really a big issue. Anyone have any idea's about a new tranny other than APS, shout em out..........................

Old 09-09-2006, 06:32 PM
badram1500
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Broken band

APS kicks A@! Stay away from pheniox reman trans. The WILL screw you.

Quick Reply: Broken band