2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fuel Rails

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Jake 360
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Rails

Are any aftermarket suppliers offering fuel rails for an '01 Ram with a 360? Mine are rusted inside and I would really like to replace them with billet aluminum. I just can't find any on the big 'ol www.

- Jake 360

Old 09-12-2006, 12:56 AM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Default RE: Fuel Rails

I have three mjor suppliers for dodge specific hard to find parts on the interweb. You were right, loks like these may be a dealer or junk yard part. Good luck.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:08 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

RM_Indy has a set for his stroked blown motor.. not sure where or who he got them from..

Old 09-12-2006, 01:20 AM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some company called KRC ... he's REALLY pissed at them though. Here's the link to RM_Indy's mod page: http://www.rm-indy.com/06_picsnslips.htm

Scroll to the bottom and then back up just a bit to read about the rails not coming in. From his Home page:

"KUDO's to Summit Racing, got most of my fuel parts to me in 2weeks! I will never order from KRC again, 2months to ship a set of way overpriced fuel rails and I am still waiting WTF MARTY!!!!"

Things are not well in RM_Indy-world.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:25 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

that sux.. i feel bad for him.. he puts so much time and money in that truck.. and i dont even think he hit this seasons races since he was waiting parts

Old 09-12-2006, 01:38 AM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He didn't. This stroker is a reaction from what happened to the motor last YEAR. If I remember right, I think he swapped out the stock computer for a performance PCM on the last run and smoked the tires off the line. The RPMS blew a head gasket and trashed the motor. Great time for some MAJOR mods ... if the stinkin parts will come in!

Old 09-12-2006, 10:10 AM
luckylar

I have the same problem, rust inside the fuel rails. The truck sat for a long time. I've been looking and found one set on the net....300 bucks. I think i'll just take the rails off and clean the injectors when they plug up again with rust, It will be the 3rd time, but alot cheaper then 300 bucks. Only a 2 hour job. Maybe evantually all the rust will be gone.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:21 AM
94Champ
Professional

Yea, my order from KRC came all bent up - head gaskets- took forever to get them to. I'll never order anything from them again.If your lucky,they may answer your emails a week later,good luck ever getting anyone on the phone. Way overpriced to.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:20 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

forget the aftermarket rails, take your rails off and have them professionally cleaned, maybe in a dunk tank with solvent, then wrap them with insulating tape and slap them back on. clean off the injector screens before you put it all back together.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:01 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldnt suggest billet fuel rails unless you must have them. I have no choice in my situation with the kind of hp/boost I will be making. I was bummed out about not making it to the track this year but I am over it now. Just moved my fuel system fast stand alone forward a bit so Ill be ready for next year [

KRC, if you order now, may see them by Christmas if your lucky. KRC are not cheap and take their sweet time shipping parts. I figure one of the trucks in the shop have my rails on it so they can get it out the door faster. Marty was supposed to return my call yesterday when I phoned but never did. Ill hound him some more.

GS Motorsports sell billet rails but probably take just as long and they may not fit. 2 buddies that I do work with & buy parts with bought their headers, alum deep oil pan and fuel rails there. None of the parts were close to fitting. Took serious modifications to get them to fit.. Notched out the frame rail at the lower control arm support and removed 1/2 a flange on the headers, pan needed a 3" triangle removed the length of the pan and the fuel rails the holes for the injectors didn’t line up with the m1 manifolds holes.

Few links below maybe of use but could cost you a lot of time, money & aggravation

http://krcperformance.net/cart/default.asp

http://www.gsmotorsports.com/Merchan...Code=GSM5259FR

http://www.shopatron.com/product/pro....11683.0.0.0.0

http://www.cartech.net/fuelsystems.htm

http://www.injector.com/fuelrails.ph...837a09d17396ac

Quick Reply: Fuel Rails