2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Miss fire on Cyl. 7 after fillup

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Roids87
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss fire on Cyl. 7 after fillup

so i put $40 in my tank on monday, and drove about 15 miles, and it was running perfectly normal. i turned my truck off when i got to work, and i got out for about 5 mins, then got back in to go pick up a pack of smokes. i didnt notice anything at all when i started my truck, then i put it in reverese, and when idleing in reverse, it jerks, and sounds like it's dieing. When i would go to hit the gas, it would noticeably vibrate the entire time i was on the gas. My truck idles perfectly fine in Neutral, and park, but in drive and reverese it idles rough. When im in drive and idle slowly, it also jerks and also vibrates badly when on gas. it's thrwoing the code P0307, which is missfire on cyl #7. My truck also is bogging down really badly. The only thing i can think of is i got a ****ty *** tank of gas. About 2 months ago i had my rotor cap and wires changed, and had all my Fuel Injectors cleaned. The gas i got was from Gas City, which is a ****ty gas station, but the only 1 i thought i would of made it to. If you guys think it could be something else other than the gas i got, please let me know, i've checked all my plugs and wires and they are fine.

Quick Reply: Miss fire on Cyl. 7 after fillup