2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Plenum Repair Cost

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 02:41 PM
stl314159
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plenum Repair Cost

I picked up a 1995 Ram 1500 a couple of days ago from a guy I found in the news paper. The truck was in very good shape but I suspected that for the price I got it for and the miles on it I was probably in for some repairs.

I took the truck to Dodge today to do a vehicle inspection and it had a myriad of somewhat minor problems (brakes, pulleys, belt, tranny fluid, oil, exhaust, etc) as well as the plenum problem that seems to plague these vehicles. Most of the issues don't sound like things that can lead to more serious problems right away, but I want to get the plenum gasket repaired ASAP. Most of the information I have found on the forums has dealt with DIY repair, but I am ashamed to say that my mechanical skills are not up to that task.

My question is this... Dodge quoted me $650 to replace the gasket. What have you guys paid to have an independent mechanic do the work, and were you able to have the mechanic replace the factory setup with a hughes kit to ensure that this problem doesn't repeat itself?

Thank for the help!

Old 09-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Ramdamit98
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Plenum Repair Cost

I was quoted $450 labor plus parts. I did it myself.

Quick Reply: Plenum Repair Cost