2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rhino Lining the under parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Big_N_Bad
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Lining the under parts

I have been thinking of been unusaual. What do you think the pros and cons would be of getting the lifts componets and diff covers, brake drums and calipers, springs, torsion bars, stuff like that. I was thinking of doing them in red. What do yall think

BNB

Old 09-15-2006, 07:55 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Rhino Lining the under parts

good luck finding the torsion bars.. lol

its a good idea..espeically if you live in a place that gets snow and your DOT wants to be a bunch of asslickers and use 4000000 tons of salt each year.. i guess the only draw back from a lining is its very pourous and mud LOVES to collect into the little tiny dots and holes.. tani did this on his d44 and now it ooks like its mud color instead of black.. instead of spending the money on that .. go to tractor supply company (if you have one local) and get something called tractor and implement spray enaml.. this stuff is STUPID thick.. its like powder coat in a can and would be ALOT cheeper! i bought a can just to test it and i painted my rear 9.25" really quick.. no prep work no nothing.. just sprayed it.. and its lasted for a very long time and still looks new!!!!!! with proper prep it would be awesome..and they sell tons of colors.. i like it when builders use a conflicting color on their suspension parts.. makes it more unique and fun to look at.. also makes the parts stand out .. pretty cool!!!! and if you really wanted to get fancy.. craftsman sells a home powder coating kit and ive heard really good things about it. basicall you get everything you need.. powder,, gun everything.. alll you need is an old junker electric oven to bake the stuff.. i really wanna do my rims b.c cleaning alumnum sucks.. and PC is the most durable finish besides chrome.. the kit sels for 150 and you can easly pick up an old electric oven at a garge sale for 100 or less!

just a few ideas to go with..

Old 09-15-2006, 11:39 PM
Big_N_Bad
Professional

prreciate it. The reason i was gunna go with RL is bc i have to volunteer for school. And guess what i am doing. Learing how to RL. I also like that PC idea. but the oven might pose a problem. But the pores of a RL is also a good point. is there any way you can get it clean after some dirt gets in it. Thanks for the advice shott

BNB

Old 09-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Tani1500
Champion

I agree i wouldnt use it on the brakes and stuff as it will most likely burn off. plus that stuff weights alot too. and yes it does look muddy after a while, if you want to spend the $$$ and do it right (im wishing i did now and i will do it soon) go get some POR-15. that ****s awsome, its goes on like a rock hard plastic. its expensive but very worth it.

http://www.por15direct.com/s.nl/it.A...2&category=140

Old 09-16-2006, 12:19 AM
hawkeyedodge
Professional

POR-15 is GREAT stuff. I used it all over the underside and frame of my jeep. Alot of work, but definatly worth it.

Quick Reply: Rhino Lining the under parts