2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Factory Tint %???

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 07:30 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Factory Tint %???

ORIGINAL: shott8283

he pulled off the 20%? and left on the 5%? 5% means it only lets through 5% of light.. thought he woulda pulled the 5% off..

He pulled off the 20% and put on 5%. The old factory 20% tint was faded, and i wanted to replace it. This was done on the back window only. Now the rear side windows are still factory 20%. I wanna match my front windows with my back side windows, so im gonna go with 20%, maybe even 15%.......

All the cars around here that have tint have the 3 rear windows 5% and the front ones factory........cops dont care around here unless you have your fronts tinted. Me i dont care, so i wanna make em darker, just for a project to kill some spare time.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:12 PM
jisthangin01
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The windows on my ram come tinted from the factory. To match the color black with the fronts, 5% would work well, But you have to give up being able to see well at night. I did 20% on my fronts and its a little lighter than the back, But looks good. However with the stock tint, its privacy glass, so it looks darker on the outside than it looks from inside. For instance, the 20% is harder to see through than the rear windows from inside out, But the rear is darker from the outside in because of the way the glass is made. Also, I'm from Jersey and the law is no tint at all on the fronts. However the only time i was ever questioned was in my old truck and he was pissed cuz i was doin double the speed limit at the time. As long as when an officer comes up, you roll down the window so he can see in, he wont give you much of a problem with it.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:26 PM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker

they dont allow that dark of tint (to where you cant see in).. for that reason.. cops need to be able to see inside the vehicle from the back when they pull or walk up.. its for their saftey

Old 09-22-2006, 03:04 AM
johnjokela
Veteran

i have the factory tint in rears, and went with hi perf limo tint on the front doors , the installer said it would look diff from inside but looks pretty much the same from the outside, witch it does from the outside it blends togeather perfectly, but from the inside it makes a huge diff, the rears are alot lighter looking, he said i would probally come back and do the rears darker, but, i like it the way it is cuz i can see alot better at night when backing up,( so from outside looks perfect , but inside big diff, but better for backing at night)

Old 09-26-2006, 05:21 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

20% is what I was told by a tint shop my rear ones are also. I had 5% on the rear of my old Ram and hated it. It looked good from the outside but you couldn't see out very well. Especially at night. You couldn't see **** unless there was a bright light like headlights or something behind you. Otherwise you couldn't see anything. I love the look of it but practability wise it sucks. I'd say get some 20% all the way around maybe 15 but I think 20's a good tint.

Old 10-19-2006, 06:15 PM
JarheadX
All Star

I just got 20% tint

Quick Reply: Factory Tint %???